Painting

The rest of the evening was very quiet. I sat by myself at dinner and headed off to my dorm soon after.

The following morning I was alone as well. I didn't mind though. More curious than anything as to where Draco was.

After breakfast I decided to sit outside. It was a warm day so I took my art supply bag and Bleu and headed out to the grounds.

My usual tree by the lake seemed to be occupied by a group from my year. As I walked past I saw who it was.

"Raelyn!" Pansy called over.

I made my way over to the group. Pansy, Blaise, Sophie and Draco along with two girls I didn't know and a boy.

"Hi Pansy." I smiled as she stood up and hugged me. Very unlike her.

"Come sit with us," she smiled.

"Em...thanks but I'm heading to...Quidditch stands for some peace and quiet."

"Who is that?" She pointed to my shoulder.

"Oh this is Bleu."

"Oh it is adorable!"

Bleu gave a few chirping sounds as Pansy stroked its fur.

"Pansy leave her be. She was leaving." Sophie said, leaning against Draco who I was surprised to see was reading my book. "She is a loner anyway, prefers to be by herself." He looked up as if so engrossed by the book, he only just noticed I was there. His eyes widened in surprise.

I gave them a smile and turned to leave.

"I swear she is such a loser," Sophie scoffed. "Keeps to herself and doesn't even hang out in the common room. It's sad really. I mean her brother was so hot and -"

"Enough Sophie!" Draco warned and I slowed my pace to hear. 

"Don't be jealous honey. You are just as hot as Cedric." She made an over dramatic kissing sound and I picked up my pace again to get away. It was starting to drizzle as I was making my way down the grounds to the Quidditch stands. Climbing up to the top seat, I sat my bag down and Bleu to let her wonder about.

"Don't go too far," I smiled as she hopped away.

I pulled out acanvas from my bag along with my paints. Propping it up on the back of the stand, I took out my brushes.

So what do I paint?

The only thought that was coming to me was of Draco reading my book.

Catch a grip Raelyn. He has a friggin girlfriend.

Instead I painted the castle. Something I could hang in my house after I had left school. I painted the towers, ground, all the little windows and some people here and there to give it some life.

It took a long time but I was enjoying myself. I didn't have anywhere to be or anyone to see anyway.

Story of my life these days.

I skipped lunch as I knew I had some snacks in my bag and I wanted to finish my paintings. I had moved on from the castle and was drawing myself, Azaleah and Teeny.

It was more of a memory than a simple drawing.

Flashback

"Raelyn, you have to draw me a portrait, I want one of the three of us," Azaleah smiles.

"What for?" Teeny asks.

We had taken to the Quidditch stands to watch Slytherin play Ravenclaw.