Halloween Prep

Remote's P.O.V: 

I bring Black Hole to field of pumpkins to pick the best one for carving, lots of other people are here as well look through different pumpkins. Black Hole taps my shoulder and I look up to him as he might have another question about this trip.

Black Hole: So what are we here for again? I still kinda don't get it.

Remote: We're here to find a suitable pumpkin for making Jack-o-Lanterns.

Black Hole: Okay but what are those? And why do we make them?

Remote: A Jack-o-Lantern is a Halloween decoration make by carving faces on an empty pumpkin, after scooping out the insides we light a candle or place a small light inside of it and place it outside our home, or somewhere inside in your case. Either way it's a classic tradition!

Basketball: Hey guys, you picking out pumpkins too?

Basketball approaches us with two smaller people.

Remote: Yes, this is Vortex's first time making Jack-o-Lanterns.

Basketball: Oh really that's nice of you to show him the ropes Remote. I'm taking Grassy and his friend Rocky to sorta do the same.

Grassy: Grassy loves Halloween!

Black Hole kneels down to seen the kids closer and greet them.

Black Hole: Hey there, I don't think we've met I'm Vortex.

Grassy: Grassy knows, Basketball told me about you! This is my friend Rocky!

Rocky: Hm! ^u^

Black Hole gentley pets Rocky as he talks to him.

Black Hole: Nice meeting you two little guy, what class are you at?

Basket: Both Grassy and Rocky are in the elementary school across the street of ours, also Rocky can't really talk.

Black Hole: Oh? Then... how does he communicate??

Rocky: BLEH!

Right as Black Hole asks that Rocky barfs in his face, of course it got sucked up I can't tell if he even reacted to being vomited on.

Basketball: Like that...

Grassy: Grassy has a fun idea! Let's look for pumpkins together!

Basketball: I don't know Grassy, we wouldn't want to waste their tim-

Remote: Sounds fun.

Black Hole: Yeah I don't mind.

Basketball: Oh really? Ok then let's go.

~Later~

We go over to my house with our pumpkins to start carving, after placing newspapers and then our pumpkins I grab knife from the drawer and show Black Hole how to cut one open, He seemed on edge about stabbing and scooping their innards out.

Black Hole: Uuuuh.... Isn't this um killing the pumpkin..?

Remote: Technically the pumpkin was already dying when it was pick out of the patch for us to buy, even then it's not sentient like us so it's fine.

Black Hole: You sure?

Remote: Yes.

I proceed with teaching him how to carve as well as showing him the kinds of faces we can put on our lanterns, here's what we made.

Mine:

Black Hole's: (not bad for a beginner)

Black Hole takes his and heads home after our goodbyes

Pen's P.O.V:

I wait at the front of the costume shop for Black Hole for at least 10 minutes before he actually arrives as usual flies his way down to me. (Needles to say I'm kind jealous)

Black Hole: So why did you ask me to meet you here?

Pen: Isn't it obvious? It's not Halloween if you don't dress up, and that's what we're here for finding a costume for this year!

After a few minutes of scrolling down isles I at least found my costume for this year, Black Hole on the other hand... seems to be stumped. I walk over to him and show him what I choose.

Pen: Well I got my costume I'm gonna be one of the soldiers from Galaxy Warfare, have you made your choice yet?

Black Hole: Hmmm.. I don't really know.. I don't think most of these will fit, even then I might accidentally suck up the accessories. Maybe I won't go as anything.

Pen: C'mon, This is your first Halloween you just have to! Hmm.. 

I look around for something that'll work, with one glace of one of the props I get another brilliant idea! I grab a plastic scythe and after paying, I yank Black Hole by the arm to make him fallow me.

Black Hole: Woah hey, where are we going now?

Pen: To my place if we can't find you a costume, we'll make one!

Black Hole's P.O.V:

I follow Pen to the top floor of another apartment building, the room looked to be pretty big more like an actual house than some apartment, I think these kinds of places are called a penthouse.

Black Hole: You live here?

Pen: Yeah oh uh, remember how I mentioned my Dad?

I nod accordingly 

Pen: I doubt you've heard of him formerly but to let it be known so it makes sense later, he's a rather famous TV critic his job pays enough for us to live in a place like this. He's not home at the moment but then again, he's usually not at this time. Wait here, I gotta get something.

I sit down on the couch to wait for whatever Pen was planning, I soon notice a picture frame on the TV stand and take a look at it. It seems to be a picture of Pen's dad who looks to be a black & gold more fancier ballpoint pen, and next to him stood a female light blue highlighter, I wonder if Pen knows who this is. Just then Pen rushes in with a slightly larger than me black sheet as well as a sewing kit.

Pen: I'm back! 

Black Hole: Hey Pen, do you know who this woman is?

Pen takes the frame back from me to look, after doing so his expression changes his usual smirk to more of a slight frown. He immediately puts it back before talking to me again.

Pen: Kinda... From what Dad told me, that's my Mom I guess like you I never knew her...

That's the kind of phrase I used about my parent star so I clearly understood what he meant.

Black Hole: I'm sorry to hear that Pen...

Pen: It's fine enough about me, let's make this sheet into a cloak.

One minute later Pen turns that sheet into a what he called cloak and made me wear it and gave me that prob he got.

Pen: Perfect! You make an awesome Grim Reaper!

Black Hole: Thanks for the help Pen.

Pen: No problem.

~To be continued~