Common Ground

Black Hole's P.O.V:

Death P.A.C.T. is currently in the middle of an after school meeting, we had wrapped up going over our summary of this week and someone had came in very late.

Marker: Hey guys!!

Liy: Welcome back Marker.

Black Hole: Where have you been? We haven't seen you for days.

Marker: Oh my parents had taken me to Australia for my birthday last week!

Tree: Oh the outback? I bet that was fun.

Lightning: Wait, I thought your birthday was on December 1st...

Marker: It is, but we weren't able to take the trip then because airports are craaaazzzzy that time of year. Or so my Mom says. I got some cool souvenirs with me like... this jar of Australian dirt!!

Tree: Marker I'm pretty sure that's just sand from a desert.

Marker: Whatever.

Black Hole: Guys I'm confused, what exactly is a 'birthday'?

Pen: You don't know?

Remote: A birthday is the day someone you know was born into the world.

Tree: To give a primary example, I was born on the first of January so that day is of my birthday.

Pillow: You were born on New Year's Eve? That's must be quite the night for your family.

Tree: First of all, I was born within the morning not evening. Of course I do usually celebrate either the day before or after.

Bottle: I think birthday parties are lots of fun, especially with friends! What do you think of them Fanny?

Fanny turns herself slightly away from us and grumbles quietly.

Fanny: I hate my birthday...

Liy: Of course you do. Anyway, that question you asked I take it you've never even knew of your own birthday Black Hole?

Black Hole: No I'm very aware of the time I was born, of course in space time is not all that consistent like on a planet and it was practically eons ago. But even if I did know the exact time or day of my birth I wouldn't really want to celebrate that day where I was also technically orphaned y'know? 

Marker: Uhh guys? 

Liy: What is it Marker?

Marker: Coiny and Firey are outside our room right now and... they're slapping each other.

Tree: Ugh, again?

Black Hole: I'm on it, go ahead and continue the meeting without me. This could take a while...

As I step out into the hallway I pick up both Firey and Coiny by their shirts, lift them off the floor and hold them away from each other.

Firey & Coiny: GGRRRRR- Woah-woah WOAH!!

Black Hole: Okay you two, break it up break it up.

Coiny: Black Hole put me down, I was just about to own this guy!

Firey: The only thing you'd 'own' me at is being shorter!

Coiny & Firey: Grrr!

I sigh in annoyance and bonk both their heads against each other.

Coiny: OW. What was that for!?

Black Hole: Normally I wouldn't do something like that but with the listening ability you two lack compared to my hearing, it was pretty much the only way to get you guys to shut up.