Exchange of Info

Tennis Ball's P.O.V: 

I arrive at Marshmallow's Halloween Party with excitement I heard her parties are the best, however as I look to my side with no one there I think back to the day before Halloween.

{Flashback}

Tennis Ball: Hey Golf Ball look what I found on my locker! 

I show her an orange envelope with a bat on it.

Tennis Ball: It's an invitation to Marsh's Halloween Party!

Golf Ball: That's grate TB, I'm happy for you.

Tennis Ball: Have you gotten one yet?

Golf Ball: The only thing found on mine was this.

She shows me a black envelope with a skull, I frown as I know what this meant.

Tennis: Oh no, that means you're not invited! I don't wanna go without you GB.

Golf Ball: You have to TB don't worry about me..

Tennis Ball: But I'd rather have fun at the party with-

Golf Ball: Vortex is going!

Tennis Ball: -eh...?

Golf Ball: Listen, I heard from TV that Vortex has also been invited. Since I can't go you'll have to investigate him for anything important of note! Don't get TOO distracted by the fun okay.

Tennis Ball: ....  Okay...

Golf Ball: And bring back a candied apple for me!

{End of flashback}

I then see Vortex and some of his fellow Death P.A.C.T.ers show up through the entrance, wow they chose some impressive costume. I came as Frankenstine's Monster with the intention of me and Golf Ball matching with her usual Mad Scientist outfit but that didn't happen. I reluctantly follow Vortex in an attempt not to be seem by his friends and watch him speak with Microphone. I start to think for a bit about what I learned about him mainly from Ruby & OJ... I decided that I'll leave him alone for now it seems he already has heavy things to deal with anyway, of course It means I'll have to find an excuse for Golf Ball and deal with a bit of her frustration but I'm kinda used to it.

~Later

After bobbing for apples and drying off my face I find Test Tube standing by the 2nd snack table watching the dance floor, maybe I should talk to her.

Tennis Ball: Hey Test Tube, Happy Halloween.

Test Tube: HUH? Oh, Hiya Tennis Ball, Happy Halloween to you too. Is Golf Ball with you?

Tennis Ball: No, she wasn't invited...

Test Tube: Huh, figures. 

Awkward silence...

Tennis Ball: So uh sorry about what you had to see in our last experiment with Vortex, I swear Golf Ball's usually not that drastic all the time.

Test Tube: Not your fault, you two are rather lucky he's super strong. Speaking of Vortex, he's here at this party.

Tennis Ball: Yeah I saw him too, I almost couldn't recognize him with that dark cloak. Y'know even though you're not working with us, I thought It'd be fair to share some of what we learned about Vortex.

Test Tube: Really? *snicker* Guess I'll keep a secret then. So what did you two discover?

Tennis Ball: Well for starters, he seems to be immune to various forms of pain electricity, the cold, bug poison you name it. He also possesses way to many abilities to list right now but you probably know that already.

Test Tube nods agreeably.

Test Tube: But what I think is most vital information to know about while GB doesn't seem to care for it, I got from OJ and Ruby.

Test Tube tilts her head curious and gestures me to continue.

Tennis Ball: Ok so OJ said he ounce found Vortex treating a ditch under a bridge as his house...

Test Tube: Vortex is homeless!??

Tennis Ball: WAS homeless, he's living in an apartment building now thankfully. And from what I heard from Ruby, Vortex seems to have been orphaned all his life, He never knew his parents and grew up all alone.

Test Tube: My Oobly Goobly, that's so sad...

I nod solemnly, this backstory very much explains Vortex's at first secluded nature I can only image what a life like that must've been like for the poor guy.

Test Tube: And you say Golf Ball doesn't care!??

Tennis Ball: I did scold her for the lack of sympathy but even then... it's Golf Ball... She even assigned me a mission to investigate Vortex during the party and tell what I find.

Test Tube: Why do you still even continue with this investigation and put up with her? She's clearly not very nice.

Tennis Ball: Well she's my closest friend and we're been a duo for as long as I can remember, I can't imagine working without her. And as for our quest last time I wasn't with her on an investigation mission she wound up freezing Remote trying to see if Vortex can be frozen. I'm sort of her moral compass since she focuses too much on scientific potential.

Test Tube: Well if you really want to be that to her, then you shouldn't be afraid to tell it to her face that everything she's doing is wrong.

Tennis Ball: Yeah sure but... I don't want to think I don't care for interests because I do, but I also care about the being of others around us.

Test Tube: TB, listen.. friends even closest friends have disagreements sometimes, that's what makes people people, but what makes friends true friends is that they understand and respect each others viewpoints and can find common ground, heh Fan taught me that.  What I'm say TB is, don't be afraid to speak up for yourself and stand up to GB if you ever feel that you should ok?

Tennis Ball: Thanks Test Tube, I'll... keep that in mind.

I stray from her and continue to have a good time.

~To be Continued~

(Author's NOTE: Looks like TB and Test Tube are still friends in the end and some friendly advice is even given to one who's been conflicted for a while now.)