Out with the old

Black Hole's P.O.V: 

Black Hole: I'm home.

I come home from work this morning to find Tree standing out by the still broken window with a glum look to his face. I put my uniform away and approach him.

Black Hole: What's wrong now?

Tree: Oh Black Hole, I'm just thinking about my pet.

Black Hole: Your pet...? What's that?

Tree: Oh right, a pet is a domesticated animal for companionship and pleasure. There are many kinds of animals that are pets me, I have a bird. Hm, I might as well try again.

He then gets out a whistle in the shape of a bird and blows into it while still looking out to the horizon. After a minute of waiting Tree had almost given up but I then notice something fly this way.

Black Hole: Uh hey, Tree. Tree look.

Tree: Huh?

Bird: *chirp chirp*

A small black and white bird with a red tip on it's head then swoops inside my apartment and after flying around the rooms lands on Tree's leafy head as he smiles.

Tree: Rodrick! Oh, I'm glad you're alive!

Black Hole: So that's your pet huh? He's pretty cute.

Tree: He's a pileated woodpecker, not exactly a pet type of bird but he did imprint on me so I decided to take care of him. Oh there's an idea, Black Hole why don't you get a pet? 

Black Hole: Me a pet? Hmm, well... it looks to me that pets like to be close to their owners.

Tree: Some pets are very affectionate yes, they especially love physical... touch...

Black Hole: As I thought as well...

Rodrick: *chirp chirp*

Rodrick the flies over to me, and in a slight panic I pull my hood up just in time as he was quick to perch right on my hooded head. We both breathed a sigh of relief.

Black Hole: Bad perching choice little fella.

Tree blows the whistle again and Rodrick flies back him.

Tree: I don't usually keep him in his cage long... but I guess that'll be mandatory as I stay here.

I nod in agreement, and then hear a knock on the door and go to it.

Delivery Guy: I have a delivery for... BH?

Black Hole: Yeah that's me. I can just wheel it in myself.

Delivery: Sigh here.

I write my name where he points to, after all that was done I bring in the package and open it.

Tree: That the new sofa Mic helped you order?

Tree gestures to the ashy remains of my old one swept into the corner that I've yet to discard.

Black Hole: Sure is, could you help me out with this.

Tree places Rodrick on my coatrack and helps me set up the new sofa.

Tree: Not bad, this place is looking new already.

Black Hole: Oh, and I thought about the fact you need a place to sleep and...

I eagerly convert the sofa to it's bed state to show Tree, who stood there with his calm smile.

Black Hole: It's two things at ounce! Isn't that cool?

Tree: Well, not unless you're from another world in which you pretty much are. 

Black Hole: Hmph.

Tree: Hahaha, you're cute when try to look pouty. That was smart idea, thanks Black Hole.

Black Hole: You're welcome.

Tree looks to the clock and back to me.

Tree: Oh, I should getting ready to head to work myself. 

Black Hole: What job do you have?

Tree: That's right I've never talked about it, I worked part time for this kind old man at his flower shop, he unfortunately passed away. few months ago, but before that he handed the shop to me.

Black Hole: Seems like he was a nice man.

Tree nods, but then looks to Rodrick with concern.

Tree: But what am I going to do with you? You little rebel.

Black Hole: What to you mean?

Tree: You currently lack a closeable window and I don't have a new cage for him yet, I guess I'm a bit afraid he could get lost again.

Black Hole: Hmm, well my neighbor Mic doesn't have a window, I can see if she can let us keep him with her for now.

Tree: You two seem like good friends, I suppose it's a good idea as any.

Me, Tree and Rodrick then head to the door to Mic's room, laughter can be heard from behind. Slightly curious I knock like usual and she opens it.

Mic: Hey Black Hole, Tree. What's up?

Black Hole: Hey Mic. Tree has this pet bird but we don't have a place to keep him in while he's gone.

Tree: His name is Rodrick, is there any chance you can look after him for today? I have to go to work, after that I'll get a cage for him so he can be safer.

Mic: Sure thing, I'm all about helping.

Female voice: Mic, who're you talking to over there?

A pink and white soap bottle emerges from behind Mic and notices us.

Soap bottle: Oh, are these your neighbors?

Mic: One of them is, Black Hole this is my girlfriend Soap, Soap this is my neighbor Black Hole.

Soap: Nice to finally meet you.

Black Hole: Same here. 

Soap: Oh and it looks like you have your boyfriend with you. 

Tree nearly choked on something, and I flinched at the fact that she knew.

Tree: How did you know we were official?

Black Hole: Yeah, we didn't even-

Soap: A small blue ring has been spreading news like wildfire.

Black Hole and Tree: *sigh* Bracelety....

Tree: Well anyway, take this. If Rodrick were to have disappeared somewhere use it, he'll recognize the sound and find his way back.

Mic then take the whistle and Tree puts Rodrick on his hand and place him and Mic's.

Mic: I'll take good care of him while you're away Tree, don't even worry about it.

Tree: I hope so, I'll see you later Black Hole.

Black Hole: Bye Tree.

Mic: So Soap and I are watching Adventure Quest, you want in?

Black Hole: Sure.

~To be Continued~