Guess who's back

Black Hole's P.O.V:

Me and Remote arrive back to her place with plenty of shopping bags in each of our arms.

Black Hole: Why did you have so much on your shopping list anyway Remote?

Remote: I plan to have a gathering of friends later this week, along with secret plans.

Black Hole: Secret? Like what?

Remote: I can't say.

Black Hole: Alright then...

As we approached the front door and went inside I couldn't help but notice a slight mess in the house, what did Cherry Jr do now?

Black Hole: What happened here?

Remote: I don't know.

I put everything on the nook quickly and observe a couple of dirty footprints, Remote and I then hear noises from upstairs. 

Black Hole: I'm going to check that out.

Remote: Okay.

I float up the stairs following the sounds as they get louder upon heading the right way, I then stop at the Cherry Jr's guestroom and hear him talking to someone.

Cherry Jr: Quiet quiet, someone could hear you.

Black Hole: Okay Junior what's going on here-?

I let myself in to be met with a familiar face I hadn't seen since First meeting this kid.

Black Hole: A-AXEL!?

Cherry Jr: Surprise.....!

Axel: *trumpets

Black Hole: How in th- When- why? And how did you even get him in here????

Cherry Jr: I barrowed Golf Ball's teleporting thingy and brought Axel here with it. I missed him a lot.

Black Hole: I see. Uh..

Axel puts his trunk on my shoulder pulling my in for a hug.

Cherry Jr: Looks like he missed you too.

Black Hole: Hehe, yeah I missed you two. Let me get Remote.

I head downstairs and grabbed Remote's attention.

Black Hole: Hey Remote.

Remote: Yes?

Black Hole: There's a uh, elephant in the room that we gotta talk to Cherry Jr about. I can't do it alone.

Remote: Oh Okay. What's the problem?

Black Hole: I said the problem.

Remote and I head upstairs and find Cherry Jr outside his guestroom and Axel lodged in the doorframe.

Remote: Oh, you meant it literally...

Black Hole: There's a metaphor for an elephant in someone's room?

Axel: *groans* 

Cherry Jr: C'mon... *grunt* Oh hey Remote, remember Axel?

Remote: Hi Axel. Why is he inside instead of in the backyard?

Cherry Jr: I don't know past me is a jerk. *grunts*

Cherry Jr continues to pull Axel by the trunk while Axel tries to push himself through until he manages to get unstuck by taking the doorframe off the wall... And I thought I was a careless destructive force. Actually considering the very reason me and my kid are crashing with Remote I don't really have room talk.

Remote: MY WALL!

Cherry Jr: Sorry...

Junior leads Axel back downstairs and we go with then to get Axel outside so nothing else gets broken or messed up. As Axel picked and ate some grass in the yard the three of us discussed about how we would even keep him.

Black Hole: Soo uh, what are the basic requirements to having a pet elephant??

Remote: Elephants consume up to 100 to 400 kilograms of food and 2000 liters of water daily. 

Black Hole: Fssss... that doesn't sound it would be cheap... (I already struggle enough trying to finically keep up with my eating habits.) 

Remote: That's why elephants aren't usually raised like a pet without professional training.

Cherry Jr and Axel laugh as they play together which makes my metaphorical heart sink at the though of what I'd have to tell the kid.

Black Hole: Hey uh Cherry Jr listen, I do like Axel really I do but I don't think we can keep him here. 

Cherry Jr: Aww, but why?

Black Hole: W-well for starters a pet is a big responsibility, let alone a wild animal like an elephant. It's just gonna be too difficult to meet the requirements.

Cherry Jr: Aww...

Axel: *defeated trumpets*

I feel just as bad as these two do, Remote puts her hand on my shoulder and then goes to talk to Junior wiping away a tear on his face.

Remote: Hey kid, I might know where Axel can go.

Cherry Jr: Really?

Normal P.O.V:

Cherry Jr: Will they really take Axel in?

Remote: Yeah, the Zoo is also an animal sanctuary. They'll take excellent care of him.

Black Hole: And, I can talk them into letting you visit him anytime you'd like.

In the elephant sanctuary part of the zoo Black Hole and Remote explain everything to the Zookeeper. 

Black Hole: So would it be ok for our pet to stay here? Just until we somehow figure something out?

Zookeeper: Of course it's no problem at all, he'll fit right in with the other elephants.

The Zookeeper opens the gate to the elephant enclosure and beckons Axel to follow her as Cherry Jr say goodbye.

Cherry Jr: I hope you enjoy you're new home Axel, I'll see later.

Axel: *happy trumpets*

When the gate closes behind him Axel trots about the area exploring and meets a couple of other elephants, they each grab each other's trunks and soon begin playing together.

Remote: Aww, he's making new friends already.

Zookeeper: Elephants are social creatures. Your buddy is in good care, you can come see him anytime we're open.

Cherry Jr: Thanks Ma'am. 

~To be Continued~