Two

This is it. Today is the day we become Seattle Grace Mercy West. I can't lie, I'm a bit nervous, but I'm going to do my best.

Natalie: you're gonna do great today, mom. I promise.

Savannah: thanks, baby. I should get going. I don't want to be late. Have a great day. I love you.

I kiss my daughter goodbye before I run out and drive to the hospital. When I get there, I grab my bags and rush inside. I run towards the elevator.

Savannah: wait for me!

I managed to get my hand in to open the elevator and slide in. I smile when I see Jackson and Charles in the elevator, along with some other guy. He was a bit taller than me, medium built, with brown hair. I can't lie, he was kind of hot.

Savannah: morning, boys.

Charles: hey, Sav.

Jackson: morning, Savvy.

I smile when Jackson hands me a cup of coffee.

Savannah: thanks, J-bear.

Jackson: you're welcome, gorgeous.

Charles: I'm your best friend, and she's the one that gets coffee every day? That's not fair.

Jackson: Savvy's always been my best friend.

Savannah: yeah, Charlie, I thought you were smarter than that.

Charles rolls his eyes at Jackson and I, which made us giggle. April and Reed met up with us, and the five of us walk into the resident's lounge.

Jackson: so, did Natalie get that test back? You know, the one she was so stressed out about.

Savannah: she did. She got an A+.

Jackson: I knew she would. She's the smartest girl I know. She got that from you.

Savannah: damn straight.

Jackson and I share a laugh as I place my stuff in the cubby next to Jackson's.

Izzie: oh, hey. You can't put that in there.

I look up and I notice a woman with short blonde hair talking to Reed, who was putting her stuff in a cubby.

Reed: oh, they told us to grab a cubby.

Izzie: yeah, I know. It's just... we keep it empty for a reason. Can you just take your stuff out? There are some empty ones over there you can use.

Reed: I don't think so.

Izzie: I said take it out.

I walk over to Reed and try to keep things calm.

Savannah: Reed, honey, come on. Just take it out, please.

Reed: no.

Izzie: I said take it out.

Reed: great. I get the crazy one next to me.

April laughs, but I don't.

Izzie: oh, you want to fight? 'Cause I will. I will fight you. You're pretty tiny.

The guy from the elevator comes up behind her and wraps his arms around her waist to hold her back.

Alex: Izzie.

Izzie: I could take you down in just a couple seconds.

Alex: Iz. Come on. Come on.

The guy drags Izzie out of the room as Jackson and Charles join the girls and I.

Savannah: why did you have to make a scene, Reed?

Reed: we have to be tough, Sav. We have to show them who's boss.