126

I get woken up to my phone ringing. I let out a tired groan as I answer the phone.

Me- you have woken up a nearly five month pregnant mother of a three year old. If you don't have a good reason, I'm hanging up.
Amy- get your butt over to Mer's. She woke up to a guy in her bed. She needs a friend.
Me- on my way.

I end the call as Jackson gets out of bed.

Jackson: you're leaving me alone to take care of our child?

Savannah: Mer needs me. And besides, you can handle our three year old daughter on your own.

Jackson: have you noticed that she's getting sassy lately? I swear, it's like Natalie all over again.

Savannah: what do you expect, babe? She's a Collins.

Jackson playfully rolls his eyes at me as I change. Once I was dressed, I grab my things and drive to Mer's. When I get there, I start making breakfast for everyone.

Amy: she can't stay locked up there all day. She has to come downstairs.

Maggie: do you think she wants food or just coffee? Or not coffee? What if she wants tea? Tea is more soothing.

Amy: what do we know about this guy?

Maggie: I mean, not very much. I mean, she's barely even dating him– hi.

I see Meredith walk into the room.

Maggie: how are you? Um, uh, we made coffee, but we could make tea. Savannah made breakfast.

Amy: are you okay?

Meredith: where do we keep the stuff for the countertops? The blue stuff, you know, to clean the countertops that's safe for kids.

Savannah: I remember it being behind the paper towels from the times I've crashed here.

Maggie: uh, Meredith, what happened?

Amy: how can we help?

Savannah: hey, Mer, those windows haven't been washed since April lived here. You might want to put that on your to do list too.

Meredith nods at me while the other two girls look at us like we're psychos.

Amy: Meredith. You are wondering why I'm here. I crashed here last night. And the night before– on the couch. I thought I'd be out before you woke up, but—

Savannah: then she called me, before I could even have morning snuggles with my daughter.

Meredith: can I use this on the countertop?

Savannah: I think so.

Meredith starts spraying.

Meredith: thing is probably covered in ten years of grease.

Amy: I'm sorry I didn't ask before. I needed a place to stay for a minute, but I'm gonna grab my stuff and I'm gonna go now.

Maggie: no, it's Owen. Something happened with Owen, and it really shook her up, so—

Amy: Maggie!

Savannah: do you ever keep anything to yourself?

Maggie: look, I said I'm sorry. You told me, and—

Amy: yeah, and now I wish I hadn't.

Savannah: sorry doesn't change anything. I'm out of here.

Maggie: no, please stay! Something happened to Amelia, and now something has happened to Meredith, and I think that we should all just sit down and talk about it, alright?