Twelve

I run out to the ambulance bay and met up with Alex, Jackson and Charles.

Savannah: hey. How close?

Charles: two minutes.

Jackson: it's Nicole, right?

Mark: three guys waiting on an ambulance? Must be Nicole behind the wheel.

Charles: have you seen her ass? Man, I'd love to hit that.

All the guys laugh as I roll my eyes. I get behind them and whack them at the back of their heads.

Boys: oww!

Savannah: stop being a bunch of pigs. Nicole is a human being, not a piece of meat. I swear, men like you are the reason why I choose to be single.

I notice Dr. Webber come around.

Jackson: morning, Chief.

Charles: sorry about that, Chief. I—

Webber: that's quite alright. And, um, um not the Chief.

I whack Charles on the arm.

Savannah: you owe Nicole an apology for being a total pig. God, I hate men.

I turn to face Webber.

Savannah: not you though, Chief.

Webber: not the Chief.

Savannah: for now.

The ambulance drives in, and Nicole comes out.

Savannah: hey, Nicole.

Nicole: hey, Savannah.

Savannah: what do we got, girl?

Nicole: Nick Kelsey, 32, injured skiing off a helicopter. Vital signs are stable.

Nick: it wasn't the helicopter that did it. It was the avalanche.

Nicole: it was idiotic either way. He's got two idiot friends coming in behind him, but he's got the worst of it.

I start getting the stretcher out. I look over at Charles and I notice his eyes wander to Nicole's ass. To get his attention, I let out a very aggressive cough. Charles glares at me while I give him a semi-innocent smile.

Nicole: open fracture to the left tibia and left hip fracture.

Nicole stepped inside the ambulance to get his chart. I look over at Charles who had started staring at Nicole's ass again. Nicole turns around and notices Charles staring.

Nicole: what are you looking at, Chachi?

Charles doesn't respond and I roll my eyes.

Savannah: Nicole, we still on for girls night?

Nicole: totally.

Savannah: and you don't mind that April and Reed will be coming, right?

Nicole: yeah, absolutely. Bring whoever you want. Hell, bring your daughter. I'm dying to meet her.

Savannah: great!

Nicole: see you tonight, girly. Can't wait!

Savannah: see you, girl. Love ya!

Nicole: love ya too!

I smile at Nicole before as we roll the stretcher into the hospital.

Jackson: can I come to girls night?

I look over at Jackson who was smiling at me.

Savannah: nope.

Jackson: come on, Sav.