Eighty Five

This is it. Today is the day that I marry the love of my life. I am getting married and after today, I will be Mrs. Savannah Avery-Collins. To say I was nervous is an understatement, but there's no doubt in my mind that I'm ready to spend the rest of my life with Jackson.

I'm sitting in my bridal suite with Natalie as she helps me get ready.

Natalie: this is it, mom. Today's your day.

Savannah: I know.

Natalie: I'm so glad I get to be a part of your special day.

I smile at my daughter.

Savannah: I'm glad you're here with me.

I take Natalie's hand in mine.

Savannah: I love you, baby.

Natalie: I love you, mommy.

I pull my daughter into a hug as the girls walk into the suite. My entourage consisted of Natalie and April as my maid of honor, then my bridesmaids were Cristina, Meredith, Arizona and Callie.

April: happy wedding day!

I smile as April pulls me into a hug. I've apologized to April for my hostility after her not-wedding. Because at the end of the day, she's my best friend and I love her.

April: how are you feeling?

Savannah: uh... nervous, can't lie.

Natalie: yeah, I'd be concerned if you weren't nervous.

I let out a shaky breath.

April: I'd like to say a prayer. Is that okay, Sav?

Savannah: yes. Of course, honey.

We all join hands for the prayer.

April: Heavenly Father, please be with us today and help us bless the union of Jackson and Savannah. Please bless their marriage with love and kindness. We pray in Jesus name, amen.

Everyone: amen.

Once we were finished with the prayer, I grab my speaker and play some music to get our energy flowing. Natalie does my hair and makeup while I jam out to the music. After about half an hour, I was finish.

Natalie: take a look, mommy.

I look in the mirror, and my jaw drops.

Hair:

Makeup:

Makeup: