152

Jackson and I went to Boston for Harper's funeral, and we just got back.

Webber: how was the flight?

Mom: fine.

Webber: and the service?

Mom: it was tasteful.

Jackson: it was a bunch of kiss-asses sniffing around for money, telling stories about how Harper Avery was nice and decent and respected women.

Mom: alright, so, we'll have a family supper and do our own thing and talk about the real Harper Avery. Right now I need to change. Want to help me?

Just as they start to walk away, I hear Koracick.

Tom: Catherine Avery?

Mom: Thomas Koracick?!

I watch as mom and Koracick share a hug.

Tom: how is it that I'm aging and you aren't?!

Mom: oh, shut up.

Webber clears his throat and gets their attention.

Mom: oh, you've met my husband, Richard Webber. And this is my son, Jackson. And I believe you've met my daughter, Savannah Avery-Collins.

Tom: oh! H-how old is he?

Savannah: same age as me. Why?

Tom: I want to make sure he's not mine.

I chuckle as I get dragged away by Jackson .

Jackson: unbelievable.

Savannah: that was pretty funny.

We walk around until we find Meredith with Maggie and Alex.

Maggie: ooh! Look at Dr. Fancypants! Trying to lure in that big facelift money?

J&S: we were at a funeral.

Maggie: I am a terrible person. You look very somber.

I chuckle at Maggie as she walks away.

Alex: how much money did he leave you and Savannah?

I whack Alex on the arm.

Meredith: that's not an appropriate question.

Alex: well, I just want to know exactly. I mean, do they just back up a truckload of silver spoons?

Savannah: it's a fleet of limos, not a truck.

Jackson: and it's not all for me and Sav. A lot of it is for our kids. Um, you paged me? What's up?

Meredith: bad timing. Nevermind.

Jackson: what do you mean? Bad timing for what?

Meredith: I'm publishing Megan Hunt's surgery, and it might get consideration for a Harper Avery.

Jackson: so you want to take my name off it. No, I understand– you can't win a Harper Avery if the article says Jackson Avery.

Meredith: I mean, I know the timing of the ask is unfortunate, but the deadline is in a few days. And... I really am sorry for your loss.

Jackson: take my name off then.

Meredith: yeah?

Jackson: go for it. Yeah, just be grateful that your mother didn't start up a foundation.

Meredith: yeah, that Alzheimer's really put a wrench in her charitable giving, but I owe you one.

Jackson: yes, you do.