Eighty Seven

After the wedding, Jackson and I went on our honeymoon. It was Catherine's wedding gift to us, and we had the chance to honeymoon in Italy for a month.

It's our first day back to work after our honeymoon, and I'm getting ready for work. As I'm fixing my hair, Jackson comes into the bathroom and wraps his arms around me from behind and kisses my neck.

Jackson: good morning, Mrs. Avery.

I giggle as Jackson continues to kiss my neck.

Savannah: good morning, Mr. Avery.

I smile as I snuggle into Jackson.

Jackson: ready to go back to work?

Savannah: no. I wish we didn't have to come back. Italy was a dream.

Jackson: too bad we didn't get to see all of Italy. We were too busy having sex for half of the honeymoon.

Jackson and I share a laugh.

Savannah: okay, sexy, let's get to work. We need to get to Hunt's big meeting about the dumb non-fraternization policy.

I finish fixing my hair then get Cathy ready before we drive to work. Once we got to the hospital, we get Cathy into daycare then change in the lounge before we make our way to the lobby.

Savannah: oh, here's your safety pin. So you can keep your ring close to you. Like I do.

I show Jackson my ring pinned to my scrub top.

Jackson: thanks.

Jackson takes the pin and pins his ring on his scrub top pocket.

Jackson: keeping it close to my heart, which belongs to you.

I chuckle at the cheesy line.

Savannah: that was so cheesy, babe.

Jackson: only for you, baby.

I giggle as Jackson kisses my cheek. I smile as we walk past Derek and Owen.

Derek: hey, welcome back, lovebirds. How was the honeymoon?

Savannah: amazing. I didn't want to leave. Oh, thank you so much again for taking care of Cathy while we were away. I appreciate it.

Derek: no problem. I was happy to do it so you and Avery could have the best honeymoon.

Jackson: we seriously appreciate it, Shepherd.

Derek: Bailey enjoyed hanging out with Cathy every day.

Jackson wraps his arm around my waist and derek stands with me as Owen starts the meeting.

Owen: thank you all for coming. I know you're all busy, so this won't take long. The board has just approved a new non-fraternization policy. This hospital has to be a safe work environment where our focus remains clearly on providing the best patient care possible. Moving forward, all relationships with co-workers will be discouraged. And all relationships between superiors and subordinates is strictly prohibited. You will all receive a copy of the new rules. Your supervisors will arrange meetings to go over the details. And that's it. Let's get back to work.

Jackson and I quickly leave before anyone could ask us about the policy.

Savannah: gotta go to the ER. Love you, babe.

I kiss Jackson then run to the ER and meet with a paramedic.

Savannah: what do we got?

Paramedic: Lisa Campbell, 32, found in apartment trash chute. Compactor tore her leg up pretty good before it jammed. Lost a lot of blood in the field, but vitals are stable.