160

14x15

3rd Person POV:

We see Savannah in the kitchen packing up to go to the hospital, and Jackson was sitting at the table watching his wife. Things have been tense since the night Maggie kissed him and the couple haven't spoken at all.

Jackson: honey, are we gonna talk about—

Savannah: nope. There's nothing to talk about. I welcomed her with open arms when no one else did. I considered her family. I helped her and I was kind to her, and she goes and makes a move on my husband. She already ruined one marriage, looks like she's trying for another. Am I taking the kids or are you? I have paperwork to do at work.

Jackson: I-I can take them. Sweetie, can we please—

Savannah: Natalie, you need to get to work! I'll see you at work. Bye!

Jackson sighs as he watches Savannah and Natalie walk out of the house.

Jackson: okay. Bye. I love you too.

My POV:

I made it to mom's house and we sit in the kitchen for coffee.

Mom: is everything okay, dear?

Savannah: I just wanted someone to talk to. I needed my mom.

Mom: of course. What's on your mind, baby?

Savannah: Jackson, Natalie and I went to Mer's last night for game night. We met Maggie's boyfriend, and it turns out that he was married. Everyone left except for me, Natalie, Jackson and Maggie. Natalie and I went into the kitchen to make a snack because Maggie was chugging wine like it was water. When I came out of the kitchen... I saw Maggie kiss Jackson and him pushing her away.

Mom: oh my god. What happened after?

Savannah: I dropped the food down then left the house. Jackson followed after me and we went home. I haven't spoken to him since, and we haven't talked about it.

Mom: you're furious, obviously.

Savannah: of course I am. I welcomed her with open arms and took her in as a friend, and she kisses my husband? Getting in between my marriage, again.

Mom: I see what's going on. You're mad at Pierce, and you're mad at my son.

Savannah: what? No! I'm not mad at him. I have no reason to be mad. He pushed her away and chased after to me. I'm not mad at him.

Mom: but you are.

Savannah: mom, I trust him. All this crap is Maggie's fault.

Mom: but you're still mad at Jackson. Or better yet, you're scared.

Savannah: what are you talking about?

Mom: you're scared that he's going to leave you for someone you think is better than you. You're scared that he's going to throw you to the side because of your past.

Savannah: no, I'm fine, mom. I trust Jackson. I'm furious with Maggie. She's the one I hate right now. I'm not scared, I'm mad. I gotta go.

I stand up, grab my things, and make my way out of the house.

3rd Person POV:

Catherine sighs as she watches her daughter leave the house.

Mom: that girl's stubbornness will be the death of me.

14x16

My POV:

I'm standing by a nurses desk, and I let out a squeal when I felt myself getting dragged into a supply closet.