Thirty Seven

I walk into Mer and Derek's house to take Jackson to work. I walk upstairs and I see Jackson fresh out of the shower brushing his teeth.

Savannah: hey, bub.

Jackson: hey.

I grab my spare toothbrush from the cabinet and start brushing my teeth.

Jackson: Lexie was telling me that I should brag about the trial in my meeting with Hunt.

Savannah: you don't need to. And you shouldn't have to.

Jackson: I need your opinion. I would talk to Lexie, but you're the one person who really gets the situation.

Savannah: what's up?

Jackson: I'm thinking about dropping out of the Chief's trial. I mean, I like doing this trial, but Webber has a chance—

Savannah: he has a chance to win a ton of awards, including the one with your last name, and that could be taken away from him if your name is on the trial.

Jackson looks at me shocked.

Jackson: how...

Savannah: you're forgetting that I've known you since we were in diapers. You're so easy to read, Jacks.

I rinse out the toothpaste in my mouth and wash off.

Jackson: what do I do? Tell me. You're my best friend, I need your advice.

Savannah: follow your heart, Jacks. If you feel like this is the best decision for you, then go for it. You're doing what's best for not only you, but for Webber. Come on. Get dressed and let's go to work.

I kiss Jackson on the cheek then I wait for him to get ready.

-later-

I'm walking around the ER, and I find Mark and Callie with Sofia.

Savannah: oh, hello! Did daddy bring you to visit your favourite auntie Savvy?

Mark: I think she needs it, because she hasn't stopped crying.

I take Sofia from Mark and I start rocking her in my arms. The second I have her in my arms, she stopped crying instantly.

Mark: and I was right.

Savannah: she just loves her auntie Savvy. Yes, you do.

Mark chuckles at me.

Mark: you have your Chief Resident meeting with Hunt today?

Savannah: mhmm.

Owen: Collins. I could use your help. Motorcycle accident, 20 minutes out.

Savannah: awesome! Okay, auntie Savvu has to go save lives, but I'll see you later.

I pass Sofia to Mark then I run off with Owen.

-later-

I'm walking around the hallways, and I find Mer and Cristina.

Savannah: hey!

Meredith: hey.

I noticed a parenting book in Meredith's hand. Derek told me a little while ago that him and Meredith have started the adoption process so that they could adopt Zola, which is amazing. I always pictured Derek as the dad type, and I know he would be a great dad.

Meredith: okay, what if the social worker wants to ask me about the time I spent sleeping around Europe?

Cristina: oh, that's easy. You were absorbing other cultures.