105

I'm getting Cathy in the car as we get ready to go to work.

Savannah: who's the prettiest princess in the world? You are. Yes, you are. Yes, you are.

Jackson: come on, babe. We need to get to work.

I let out a groan.

Savannah: then mom is gonna want to talk about every decision regarding the hospital and the foundation—

Jackson: which you can handle—

Savannah: while working in neuro and trauma while April is getting her footing back.

Jackson: don't you think it's a little early for her and Jeremy to come back? I mean, they just went through a big loss.

Savannah: she needs to do something to distract herself, sweetheart. Although I'm a little concerned for her, as her best friend, I need to let her do her thing.

Jackson: okay, come on, let's go to work.

Savannah: you just want to go to work so you can avoid our mother.

Jackson: what? No, I—

Savannah: you know you can't lie to me.

Jackson sighs at me.

Jackson: fine. Yes, I'm trying to avoid her. But can you blame me? Now, come on. Let's go.

We drive to work then take Cathy to daycare. After daycare, we change then I meet Mer, Callie and Wilson in the ambulance bay.

Savannah: hey, how was your weekend in DC with Derek?

Meredith: it was nice.

Callie: she got some. She doesn't want to talk about it.

I chuckle at Meredith.

Wilson: well, I'm glad you went. I got some too.

Savannah: I definitely didn't need to hear that.

Two ambulances pull up, and I let Meredith handle the first one while I take the second with Callie and Wilson.

Paramedic: Hillary List, 27 year old female, found unconscious at the scene after a pretty bad tumble down a flight of concrete stairs in the park.

Todd: Hill, honey, I'm right here. Oh, it's all my fault.

We all look up at the boyfriend.

Wilson: this was your fault?

Todd: no. No, no, no, no, no. I didn't push her. I proposed to her.

I look at the guy in shock.

Savannah: okay, let's go to trauma two.

I help wheel Hillary into the ER.

Todd: I took her to the park. It was, um– it was where we had our first date, so I thought that had a certain symmetry.

Callie: I'll order a head CT and an x-ray for her right wrist and right knee.

Todd: at the top of the stairs, I got down on my knee and I said... "Hillary, when I met you, I felt like my life bloosomed with fullness. Like the sun had shone down on me, baby.". And that's as far as I got. I had more, but she fainted and she fell all the way down. I... should've caught her.

Just then, Hillary starts coming to consciousness.

Todd: Hill? Hill? Hill? Honey? Honey. Hey, hey, hey. It's me. Right here. Hey, I'm here. I'm never leaving your side. I'll never... ever leave you. I'll never...

Then, Hillary faints again.

Callie: oh, she's out again.

Todd: Hill? Hill? Hillary?