Ninety Seven

I'm sitting at a nurses desk with Jackson ranting about Amy and Derek's fighting.

Savannah: they're acting like children. Derek has been ranting to me nonstop, and it's getting annoying. I know I'm supposed to be his person, but he's being immature. Amy's an amazing surgeon, she's been doing great as head of neuro.

Jackson: darling, as much as I love listening to you talk, I don't have the time. I have a bunch of work to do before the board meeting tonight.

Savannah: okay. We'll talk more at home.

Jackson: sounds good.

Derek: Averys. Um, I've got a backlog of some cases. Amy's doing a great job, but there's some stuff I got to get on top of.

Jackson: so, you need help?

Derek: I need you guys to reschedule this meeting for tonight.

Jackson: no.

Arizona: oh, are we rescheduling the meeting? Oh, thank god, because Callie and I have an appointment tonight, and apparently, I've already started my fellowship.

Jackson: we are not rescheduling the meeting.

Derek: tomorrow work for you?

Arizona: no, tomorrow's bad. Um, Thursday?

Savannah: hey! We are not rescheduling the meeting. We are picking a new board member tonight and I expect all of you to be there, because I don't think I can stand another day watching Bailey walk around here and act like she's the queen of this hospital. Derek, you better start with those cases if you're so backlogged. And let your sister do her job. You're the one who gave her your position, let her breathe. And Arizona, if Herman has a problem letting you do your job as a board member, she can kiss that new machine goodbye.

I walk with Jackson to do our jobs.

Savannah: I'm getting a migraine, and it's their fault.

Jackson: just breathe, honey.

I let out a deep breath as we continue with our day.

-later-

I was paged to the pit by Derek and Amelia.

Savannah: ABC's intact.

Derek: I need to assess his GCS.

Amy: if you'd be quiet, he's trying to talk now. Sir, can you tell me your name? What's your name?

Steve: Steve.

Amy: forget your helmet today, Steve?

Steve: aah. It hurts.

Savannah: I'm giving you something for the pain. You might start to feel sleepy now.

Derek: it's a depressed skull fracture. It is pretty deep. We're gonna need a CT. And because of the position, probably an angio.

Amy: I can make that decision if you'll give me room to look.

Amy shoves Derek out of the way then the Shepherd siblings start whispering to each other while I comfort the patient.

Savannah: Steve, everything is gonna be okay, I promise. You are in good hands with us.

Amy: I've got him.

Savannah: maybe you can both take him– like a team, or a family.

Amy: I have him. Avery-Collins, you'll assist. Let's take him up to CT.

I mouth 'sorry' to Derek then I wheel Steve up to CT with Amelia.

-later-

I was getting ready to go into surgery, but I get pulled away by Jackson.