171

15x08

Jackson, Natalie and I run into the hospital as the wind of the storm grows more intense.

Savannah: my God, it's only going to get worse.

Jackson: thank God Jayden stayed home with Carly to take care of the kids.

Savannah: me too.

Jackson: with this storm, the ER is gonna be a mess.

Savannah: I know. I'm so excited! I miss the rush.

Natalie: I'm so excited!

Jackson raises his eyebrows at us.

Jackson: should I be concerned how excited you guys are about traumas?

Savannah: you've always seen my excitement for trauma, babe. Nat, come on. You're going to love this!

Natalie and I run off to change.

~~~~~

I run up to Owen who was with the interns.

Savannah: talk to me, Hunt.

Owen: we got burns, car-wreck injuries, and flying debris has given us a ton of blunt injuries and several penetrating traumas.

We make it to the ER, and my heart skips a beat when I see the chaotic ER.

Savannah: you guys are gonna love this.

I look around and see no organization, a selfie stick in the head, and glass in stomachs.

Levi: we're supposed to love this?

Natalie: oh, hell yeah, baby.

Helm: impalement-palooza.

Owen: Avery-Collins, I don't think we have room to treat all these patients, and Seattle Pres is already closed to trauma.

I look around the ER before moving to stand on top of the nurses desk.

Savannah: hey! Hello! EVERYBODY, SHUT UP!

Everyone stops and looks over at me.

Savannah: alright, listen up, folks! We will move all stable patients upstairs to clear beds. We will stock disaster supplies on all floors. And we will notify the blood bank to have extra units on standby. We are staying open for trauma, but sheltering in place. We have survived too much to fall on our asses. We will not let this storm knock us down.

Everyone cheers and applauds me as Owen helps me down.

Owen: how is Karev chief and not you?

Savannah: I have too many titles already, Owen. I don't need another one to show off how awesome I am.

~~~~~

I'm guiding the latest trauma into the ER.

Savannah: trauma one. Let's go, go, go!

Owen walks over to me as I listen to a patient's lungs.

Owen: next incoming can go to procedure room 4. Avery needs me in 1. You got—

Savannah: I know to handle my ER, Hunt. Go.

Owen runs off as Schmitt approaches me.

Savannah: Schmitt, I told you trauma 2.

Levi: trauma 2's the– the selfie stick in the brain, and—

Savannah: Helm, Natalie, you got a problem with brains?