185

I'm walking into the hospital, and I see Teddy with Allison in her stroller.

Savannah: hey, Teddy!

Teddy: hey.

Savannah: and hello, miss Allison. Oh, aren't you the prettiest little girl. How're you holding up?

Teddy: three hours of sleep. New record.

Savannah: don't worry, the sleep deprivation will pass. DeLuca, I expect you to be in the ICU in 5 minutes or else you get rectals for a week. Go!

I walk off to change.

~~~~~

I'm walking around the halls with DeLuca giving him his assignments.

Savannah: you will be in charge of the ICU today. I will be busy with Foundation stuff and making sure Tom Koracick doesn't destroy my hospital and ruin my mother's hard work. Any questions?

Andrew: how much do you hate Koracick?

Savannah: I suggest you get moving before a patient dies on your watch.

Andrew: I just want to know when you'll get the position as Chief of Chiefs. Life would be way easier with you in that spot.

Savannah: you're such a suck up. But I like it. Now, go. Go be a doctor. Don't kill my ICU patients. And check on my pre and post-op patients.

Andrew: you're the best, Dr. Avery!

Savannah: I know!

I chuckle as I walk off.

~~~~~

I see Jackson updating a chart at a nurses desk, so I sneak up behind him and wrap my arms around his waist.

Jackson: hey, pretty girl.

Savannah: hi. I've missed you.

Jackson: we see each other daily. We're married and we work together.

Savannah: I know. I just... I miss spending time with you. Don't get me wrong, I love my babies and I love spending time with them, but we haven't spent time together as husband and wife in a really long time.

Jackson wraps his arms around me and kisses my forehead.

Jackson: you're right. I have an idea. Jayden and the kids can spend the night at Natalie's apartment, you and I can have the house to ourselves, and we'll have a cute little date at home. I'll order Italian food with some snacks, we'll throw on our matching pjs with some fuzzy socks, snuggle under fuzzy blankets, and have a Harry Potter marathon. How does that sound?

I smile as I pull Jackson into a kiss.

Savannah: you just described my perfect night. I love you.

Jackson: I love you too. I have a consult, but I'll see you tonight.

Jackson kisses my cheek then walks off to his consult.

~~~~~

I'm walking around checking on patients, and I notice Jeremy in an exam room making out with a firefighter, Vic Hughes. I quietly open the door.

Savannah: there's on-call rooms for stuff like this, Harris.

I chuckle when Jeremy and Vic jump at the sound of my voice.

Savannah: hi, Vic.

Vic: h-hey, Dr. Avery.

I walk off and I see DeLuca talking to Schmitt. I smile as I watch him be a teacher.