112

I kiss Cathy on the forehead as I drop her off at daycare then I make my way to the ER. I take some notes and discuss with a couple nurses. As I'm checking on a patient, Webber runs up to me.

Webber: Avery-Collins, where is everyone?

Savannah: anyone in particular?

Webber: well, page everyone now. A plane went down. A small one, but it crashed right in the middle of the city.

My heart stops. I could hear the phone ringing, but I was too lost in my thoughts as April ran over to answer it. Phones start ringing and pagers start buzzing.

I run out of the ER and run into the closest supply closet and I hide. I slide my back against the wall and bring my knees to my chest. I felt my chest starting to close up, and I start hyperventilating.

Savannah: this can't be happening. This can't be happening.

I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn't see Arizona walk into the closet and placed herself next to me.

Arizona: I've got you.

Arizona wraps her arms around me and I lean into her touch. Memories of the crash come flashing through my mind so quickly, and then...

I felt a burning sensation course through my arm and through my chest, which sent me into a panic.

Savannah: no. No, no, no, no, no, no...

Arizona: I've got you, Sav.

I start whimpering in pain as someone walks into the closet. I look up and see Meredith looking at Arizona and I.

Arizona: there– there was a plane crash.

Meredith: I know.

Meredith shuts the door and sits on the other side of me, and I immediately pull out of Arizona's grasp cling to Meredith.

Arizona: but we're okay. 'Cause it's not us. It's not us, so we're– we're okay.

Meredith: we are okay. We are– we are okay.

Arizona: did you see the guy out there? His leg is severed beneath the knee. Did you– did you see him?

Meredith: I did.

Savannah: mhmm.

Meredith: we're okay.

Arizona: mhmm.

Meredith: the girl, she can't find her boyfriend.

Arizona: we're okay.

I let out a small whimper.

Savannah: d-did you– did you s-see that girl with burns all over her chest, a-and... on her arms.

Meredith and Arizona nod then grab each of my arms.

Arizona: we're okay.

Meredith: we're okay.

I start crying.

Savannah: I-I can't do this.

Arizona: there are mothers– pregnant women out there. I need to help them.

Arizona gets up and leaves the closet.

Meredith: I've got you.

Savannah: I can't be here, Mer. All I can see is those damn woods. I can hear Lexie's last words. Mark crying in pain when I cut into his chest. Derek crying in pain as you sewed his hand with a damn safety pin. I-I can't do this! Why won't it stop?!

I start crying hysterically.

Meredith: shh, shh, shh, shh. It's okay, I've got you.

3rd Person POV: