Thirty

I'm in the lounge changing and talking with Meredith, Cristina and Lexie. Meredith was telling us about having to choose between Derek's Alzheimer's trial and the Chief's diabetes trial.

Meredith: it's horrible.

Cristina: it's the opposite of horrible.

Savannah: I agree with Cristina, Mer.

Meredith: Alzheimer's or diabetes?

Cristina: if you continue to whine about how you can't decide which groundbreaking medical advancement to put your name on, I'll punch you in the ear.

Meredith: well, my name's already on one of them, according to the Chief. I mean, diabetes—

Lexie: affects 240 million people worldwide.

Meredith: and Alzheimer's—

Lexie: is the seventh leading cause of death.

Cristina: it's Sophie's Choice.

Meredith: it's Sophie's Choice.

Savannah: totally.

Lexie: I've never seen that movie.

Cristina: oh, you should. It's really funny.

Savannah: I just watched that movie with Natalie recently. Loved it.

Bailey walks into the room and approaches Lexie and Meredith.

Bailey: Greys, okay, how long has your father been having abdominal pain?

Meredith: abdominal pain?

Bailey: it sounds like abdominal pain. Thatcher Grey is not an easy man to get information from.

Lexie: our– our father's here in the hospital?

Bailey: yeah, I admitted him an hour ago. You didn't know he was coming?

Lexie: well, what– what– what's wrong? Could it be related to the liver transplant?

Meredith: of course. He's rejecting it because it's my liver.

I slap Meredith on the arm then I decided to walk out of the room since I didn't need to be a part of this Grey family chaos.

-later-

I'm in the pit with Owen, and I was happy when a trauma came in. Callie and April came into the trauma room that our patient was set up in.

Callie: oh, what do we have here?

Owen: you really don't want to know.

April takes the chart.

April: let me get that for you, Dr. Torres. Okay, Randy Shouse, 23. Multiple injuries after slamming into a brick wall. H-how did you—

Savannah: this idiot and his idiot buddies built a human slingshot. And this is his karma.

Randy: I wasn't supposed to hit the wall. I was supposed to fly over the house and la-land in the pool.

April: and why would you do that?

Owen: so they could film it, put it on the Internet, and show the world just how stupid they actually are.

Randy: dude. Ow! Did you get that?

We see Randy's buddy outside the room with a camera. Owen nods at me and I shut the blinds.

April: but why?

Callie: because it's hilarious, that's why. Okay, Randy, that must have been some kind of awesome slingshot, because it looks like you've dislocated both hips. Now I'm gonna need to get some x-rays.