Seventy Nine

Maternity leave has been boring as hell. Jackson is gone all day, Natalie went back to school after the storm cleared up, and I'm all alone with Cathy. Don't get me wrong, I love my baby with all my heart, but I want to be a surgeon. I need my fix. Since I'm alone all day, I'm texting Jackson all day since I miss him all day while he's at work.

Richard's recovery has been exhausting due to the fact that he's been difficult. But thanks to Ross, he is now feeding on an NG tube.

Jackson had the great idea of throwing a gala to raise money for the hospital.

I'm on the phone with Natalie while getting ready for the gala, trying to shake off my nerves about my first night out away from Cathy.

Natalie- you're gonna be okay, mom. You deserve this.
Mom- I just wish you were here to take care of her. I would feel more comfortable knowing that I'm leaving her with someone I trust.
Natalie- we picked a good nanny to take care of her. Carly is good, mom. You can trust her.
Me- I know. Carly is good. I'm just worried about leaving my baby.
Natalie- I know, mama. But it's just one night.

I let out a deep breath.

Me- I should go. Carly will be here soon.
Natalie- have fun, mom.
Me- I'll try my hardest. Love you, honey.

I end the call as Jackson walks into the room.

Jackson: you... are a goddess.

I chuckle at Jackson as I look down at my dress.

Savannah: you look pretty handsome yourself, babe

As I fix my hair, Jackson hugs me from behind and kisses my neck.

Jackson: you just gave birth last week, and you got hotter. How is that possible?

I start giggling.

Savannah: it's a gift, love. Hey, we should get going.

Just then, the doorbell rings.

Savannah: that's the nanny.

I run to the door and let Carly in. We hired Carly a couple months before Cathy was born and she's been really helpful.

Savannah: hi, Carly.

Carly: hi!

Savannah: so, Jackson and I are gonna head out soon. Do you have any questions for me?

Carly: nope.

Savannah: okay.

I grab my phone and my purse then walk into Cathy's room.

Savannah: hi, pretty girl.

I grab Cathy and hold him in my arms. She starts crying as I rock her in my arms.

Savannah: oh, it's okay. Mommy's here, baby girl.

Jackson: come on, love. It's time to go.

Savannah: okay. Have fun. I'll be here.