Annoyance (Part 1)

Sitting in the living room on the floor I watched as mom walked around placing crystals around the room as she murmurs softly to herself. She was still in her scrubs from work, dark circles under her eyes that screamed that she needed to be sleep and not prepping herself for a lecture.

"Where's dad?" I asked crossing my legs together, Indian style.

"Upstairs making sure the boys don't wake up."

I raised my brow, "Making sure they don't wake up? He's not going-?"

"No." Shaking her head she says, "He'll be down in a bit Anna."

"I don't understand why I'm about to get lectured. I didn't do anything wrong."

She doesn't answer. Annoyance began to build up as Wolfy laid his chin on my leg. Looking down at him I forced a smile as I glanced around the room. The boys sat on the floor circling around me just as they did outside, while David laid on the couch. He's injuries were no longer bleeding, as he rest deeply.

A few seconds passed by when a door slammed and footsteps echoed through the hall, as he came down the stairs.

"What in the hell were you thinking?" Snaps Dad as he walks into the room.

"I-"

"You weren't thinking were you? After all that has happened in the past month you still insisted that you go out, at night, into the woods alone."

"It wasn't like I had a choice," I say, "I was called out there."

"That doesn't mean that you go! You could have gotten taken or even worst you could have gotten hurt. Do you not care about your well being anymore."

"I care." I say.

He waves me off as if I said nothing, "You know just because you have a wolf protecting you and you have ascended your powers doesn't mean that you can go running off whenever you feel like it. You need to be more careful." He says, "You need to understand that you aren't a ordinary girl anymore. You are destined to bring the witches and wolves together."

Looking down I nod, "I know."

"Then act like it!" He snaps.

Irritation and rage ran through me as I notice Wolfy eying Dad as he pulls his lips back snarling.

"Jared you need to relax." Mom says as she walks forward.

"No, she needs to hear this." He says as he looks back at me.

He went on and on about my responsibility and my place and what I could and couldn't do. He yelled so much to the point I had a need to pace but I knew he hated it when I paced back and forth when I was upset, so instead I began rocking back and forth as I closed my eyes taking deep breaths.

He continued to go on and on to the point I could feel the energy inside me boiling up and itching to be released. The boys must have felt it to because on que they all stood and faced my father growling.

"Anna." I could hear my mom call out, trying to over talk my father.

"And what do you think that your doing?" Asked Dad towards the wolves, "Remember you are betas, my strength is above yours."

Wolfy was the first to step forward snarling, with Liam following.

"Anna stop them." Mom voice pleads as I could feel myself becoming distant.

My head began to pound as I rocked back an forth. Blocking out her voice I could feel the ground beginning to shake as the lights flickered.

"Anna!" Mom yells causing me to open my eyes.