Nightime Pancakes

David POV

Laughter filled my ears, following the sound of someone hushing the noise. I tossed to my right as my hand instantly went out to pat for the body that was next to me hours ago. Sitting up, my head rush as I groaned at the feeling. Looking around there was no sign that Anna was still here, but I could still feel her near. Grabbing a shirt from my dresser I stood up and made my way to the front of my place.

The broken glass was up and surprisingly the holes in the wall had disappeared. Laughter echoed again from what I notice was my kitchen as Anna voice followed,
"Be quiet before you wake up-" looking up as I rounded the corner Anna smiles as she swings a towel at Charlotte hitting her on her shoulder as she says, "I told you, you were loud. I'm sorry we woke up."

Looking at the stove and the table I notice that it was covered with pancakes and eggs, with breakfast meats and a big bowl of fruit.

"Your fine." I say, "Hello Charlotte."

"Oh I forgot how you say my name, all oldish time and what not." She smiles.

Peeking my curiosity I asked, "Oldish time? What's that?"

"Well that's what your dialect was right? You know the language you spoke back in your 'prehistoric' time?"

"Charlotte!" Snaps Anna, I smiled as her phone buzzes and she says, "Liam is back can you help him with the bags."

"He's a man and a wolf, he needs help with the bags?" Rolling her eyes she stands as she says, "I mean I know he can act like a whiny bitch sometime, but I didn't think he was literal-"

"Charlotte!"

"I'm going I'm going." She ways Anna off as I walked into the kitchen.

"I should've asked you if they should come. I'm sorry." Anna says as I go into the fridge and grab a beer.

"It's fine." I say simply.

"It's just that Liam was worried, and Charlotte called him and then you didn't have food and I was hungry so they brought my phone and groceries so I decided to cook,"

Popping the top off beer I turned to her as I say, "It's fine." Before the beer could touch my lips, Anna snatched the bottle out of my hand and replaced it with a water bottle.

"Seriously? After all that, the first thing you do is go straight for the alcohol."

"Alcohol didn't fuck me up. Wolfsbane did."

"But you smelled of both when I got here."

"Mmmm. I don't recall."

Turning around she begins to pour the bottle down the sink as my heart stopped, "Woman are you out of your mind!?"

"Nope. I think my head is pretty clear. Clearest it has been in the last couple of days actually. Maybe it because I'm not overly emotional or tripped out on a three way wolfsbane bender that I didn't ask for."

"I didn't know that you were triggered by it."

"Neither did I but for some reason I'm linked to you more since Harry has shut off from me completely and I'm not sure if that's because of Angelica or what, but you need to be more mindful, considering you might know how to spell bound yourself ass in the house away from the world, while you kill yourself, but me, I can't and instead I'm punching out my bathroom windows, which is making Robert place Liam on 24/7 babysitter watch on me."

"You are right, I'm sorry."

"And you also-" she pauses, "I'm sorry what?"

"Your right. I should've remembered how connected we were and how you feel my feelings and I should've went about it a different way. So for that I'm sorry, and I'm thankful you came when you did. As far as the having guest over, my place is your place so if you trust them. They are more then welcome to come. Okay." Walking over to the table I downed my water as I grabbed a bacon from the plate.

"Okay where is the overreacting David that I know. That didn't want anyone in his house, let alone wanted anyone to know where he lived?"

"Oh I still don't want that to happened, but if having you here means that your friends have to come, then that's okay."

Anna stood there for a moment starring at me, before she walks over to me and pushing my hair off my forehead and places the back of her hand there.

"Love, what are you doing?"

"Checking your temperature. You have to still be out of it."

"I'm fine." I smile I stood back up as I reached pass her and grab a strawberry.

"Mmmhmm." She says as she moves her hand and takes my wrist into her hand as she check my heartbeat.

Covering her hand with mine I look down at her in her eyes as I say, "I'm okay. My head is clear, and I'm sorry that I worried you. It's just, Zayn-" I paused as I could feel a lump form in my throat as I cleared it away, "He was my brother and someone who I knew would have my back no matter what, and to lose him like that was like-"

"Losing a part of yourself."

I nod.

Reaching up to cup my cheek with the hand that I did hold, Anna says, "Well I'm not going anywhere, anytime soon. So until you tell me to go. I'm here."

Looking down into her eyes, the warmth of her touch covered me as I placed a hand on her side, "Anna." I growled softly as I fought the urge to kiss her. Images crossed my eyes of me and Angelica, as they quickly flashed and Anna was in them, instead. I didn't know if it was the wolfsbane or what but just when I was about to throw all fuck into the air, and pull her to me, the front door open and she pulled away, taking in sharp breaths.

"Nah, you are just a bitch who couldn't carry a case of water and cranberry juice in by yourself." Charlotte argue.

"I texted Anna, not your Pom Pom having ass. You could've fucking stayed here."

"You just don't know how to say thank you. Do you? Just like a dog. You know what you need to be trained. Anna, do you think we can get him enrolled into one of those little mutt academies?"

"Huh? What? No Charlotte we aren't putting Liam in a dog school." Anna Steps from me as she looks at me before turning and walking back to the sink.

Liam looked at me with a brow raised and he looked over at Anna then back to me. Not making eye contact I downed my water as Charlotte continued

"Why the fuck not. I mean he is a dog right? So why not get him trained? Maybe even get him neutered too."

"You know what fuck you."

"See that right there is disrespectful, you arrogant fucktard." Grabbing the detachable water hose from the sink Charlotte goes to spray Liam, but Anna quickly snatches it back.

"No spraying Liam!"

"Then where is the newspaper! He needs to learn his lesson."

"From who? I know you aren't talking about teaching lesson when your ass-"

Anna begins to try to break them up as I could put help but to laugh.

"Oh this is funny?" Anna says in between the two bickering, "Can't you help me."

Grabbing a plate I began to load food onto it as I smiled, "I'm sorry, I can't , I'm recovering from a slight overdose."

Anna rolled her eyes and I couldn't help but to smile. She was the most perfect girl, sweet, caring, and helpful, and Harry had no right to treat her the way that he was.

But if what Zayn said that he was hearing from people was true. What Harry is doing? Will break her more then anything, and I refused to let that happen.