Dad's truth

"There Is so much that I should've told you when I got back Anna, but you have to understand that I need to work out stuff first before I could break this down for you."

Sitting in between of mom and dad I just looked at Robert. It wasn't surprising that he held stuff from me. From the sneaky phone calls, him not being home, to the flashback vision that I had that didn't add up to what he had told me. A part of me didn't want to be here. A part of me figured that I was wasting time here, when I should be out searching for Harry. but as I sat here I figured maybe it was time to find out the whole story about what happened with him and my mom, and my being brought into this world.

Robert sat back in his seat, sipping on what I assumed was whiskey, he looks at me and says, "You don't have to believe me, and you don't have to trust me after this, but you need to understand that this is my truth."

Robert POV

Looking at Anna, it was hard not to see her mother in her. From the way she laughed, to her narrowed stare reminded me of Isabel. That was my daughter and watching her with Jared and Meredith, seeing how close and trusting she was with them made a sense of regret pass through me, I shouldn't have done what I did and I worried if she would ever look to me as her real father, the way she looked at Jared. That would take time and I was willing to wait.

Sipping my whiskey I looked at her as I prepared myself to state my truth. To much was going on and with how close she was beginning to get to David I didn't want him to say anything about me that would cloud her judgement of me and cause her to leave.

Taking a deep breath I watched her, ignoring the others as I say, "You don't have to believe me, and you don't have to trust me after this, but you need to understand that this is my truth."

Anna nods her head as she watches me.

Chugging the rest of the whiskey I sat the glass down as I looked at her, "Anna, your mother and I love you so much, and what we tried to do, wasn't the best thing but we- I'm ready to take the blow back at the repercussion. When your mother and I first met I knew from the moment that I laid my eyes on her that I wanted to be with her for the rest of my life. I saw the white picket fence, and the house full of kids. I saw my life engulfed with her and it was something that gave me a meaning. I hadn't knew that she was a witch yet, but when I did learn it, it didn't stop me from falling from her." shifting my seat I say, "Of course everyone told us the risk of us being together. It was a common thing, but none the less it was still frowned upon. Her father, your grandfather, was one of the members of the galere, so when he found out he felt like Isabel let him down."

"Her father was a member of the galere? Is he still alive?" she asks.

I nod, "He is. He is the one who insisted of the mark that you were given back at the party when you first moved in."

"The one that Zayn had to mask a spell over?"

I nod, "Your grandfather would have know the moment that you were marked that you were his granddaughter and you have had you taken in, within moments of his finding out. You see witches are able to see and feel auras and with that, whether it is family or even coven members there is something with the auras, a mark if you must, that can show a coven. Its kind of like how you have your pawprint mark with Harry."

"Then why chance her if there was even that possibility that she could've been revealed?" Daniel asked.

"It was to show that I had nothing to hide. I wasn't worried that it would have worked, because Zayn is- Zayn was a great spell caster."

"That's still stupid, to risk something like that."

I nod, "It was, but it worked."

"But what did it mattered if I was alive or not. My ascending and my powers shouldn't be a reason I'm getting sought out. You can't just have a witch or a wolf that's going to 'end the feud', there has to be more then that."