Poison (Part 3 of 3)

Looking around I took in his office. Rows of book cases covered the walls as did vintage statues.

"What is this?" I asked, walking up to a open wooden box that held a weird blue looking crystal.

"A gift. A friend of mine went hiking a few years back and tripped over it, breaking his ankle." Putting papers into a folder he goes to tuck it into a draw of his desk as he say, "He brought it to me because he said it reminded him of me."

I scrunched up my face as I turned around taking in more of his office.

"Anna," he says causing me to stop and look at him.

"Yes?"

"Sit," he says as he motions to the chair across from his desk.

Nodding I walked over and sat as I fidget to get comfortable for a second.

"Why am I here?" I asked.

Standing he holds up a finger as a knocks echoes from the door, "Come in!" He calls out.

Opening then door was Derek, holding my plate of food and my drink as he walks over and sits in front of me, "Enjoy Darlin'." He says with a smile and a wink, before nodding towards Carson as he turns and leaves.

"Now where were we?" Carson smiles.

"You were telling me why I was here?"

He nods, "Right." Standing he walks around to the front of the desk as he says, "What are you doing here?"

The question both shocked and confused me at the same time, "I'm here with Harry."

"But why?" He says as he grabs a fry from my tray he eats it as he says, "Aren't you on lockdown because of your fun affairs that took place at your school carnival."

"I'm not on house arrest if that's what you are asking."

"If you were my daughter, you would be."

"Luckily I'm not." I say as I say, "How are you exactly in charge of this place? Your what a year or two older then me?"

"Human years, yes. Wolf years, I have about 2 decades on you."

"I'm sorry," I say sitting forward more, "Did you just say 2 decades?"

He nods as he points to my burger, "May I?"

"Go ahead, I've lost my appetite."

Smiling he takes a bite as he wipes his mouth, "Sorry. I'm not usually this rude but something about your scent is making me crave,"

"To maul a witch?"

"In a better term then I was thinking, yes."

"How long have you've known about me?"

"Mmm," he hums as he wipes his mouth, "Since you were 5. Your father contacted me."

"My,"

"Real dad yes." He says as he drinks my soda before pushing the tray to the side. Leaning against his desk he looks me and says, "He only told a few people about you two, and it was people who he trusted, extremely."

"So you knew about me back when I was at the hospital?"

He nods, "Yep."

"Why not say anything then?"

"Because it wasn't my place and you already was going through hell because of what happened to your pops, why would I be a bigger dick and drop that all on you?"

"I deserved to know."

"What you deserved was to have a normal life, not to have been thrown into a century old fight between two species that hate each other because of what 'fate' has for us."