Reunited

Liam and the pack went to look for Harry as Daniel, and Carter took me home.

"You didn't have to leave school to bring me here Danny. I could've drove."

"I'm aware, but I wanted to make sure that you were okay."

All I did was nod. My head was everywhere and I didn't know what to do. Besides having the strong urge to go to my room and sleep I knew I couldn't sleep my life away anymore. I needed to face what was coming at me. 

"Mom and Dad should be on there way." Says interrupting my thoughts.

And I guess that started with My adoptive parents.

We pulled up to the house not long after. Pulling into the driveway Daniel parked, as Carter parked Daniels car right behind us.

"Is Carter staying?" I asked before I opened my door.

"No, Marcus is getting out of practice and a bit so he is going to swing by in get him so they can get food before we have game night later."

Getting out the car I made my way to the door as I went to pull my keys out my bag as Carter says, "Wait you live here?"

"Yup." I say as I walked to the door.

Carter followed Daniel as Daniel says, "I heard one of the cheerleaders had a party here. You didn't know she lived her then?"

"I didn't come to the party."

Walking inside I placed my keys on the table as I realized that he hadn't came to the party. Hell I hadn't seen Carter in a while, Marcus yes, every once in a while, but not Carter.

"You missing out on a party? That involved drinking?" Daniel laughs as he hits Carter in the chest and says, "I leave for awhile and you go soft on me." Shaking his head he says, "I'm disappointed."

Looking back at them, my eyes catches Carter watching me. He held my gaze for a moment, and I couldn't figure out why. Breaking the one on one staring match I looked at Daniel as he heads to the living room and say, "You know where the food is. I'm going to shower and change."

"Okay." he calls out.

Looking back once more I say, "Bye Carter."

"Bye Anna."

And with that I turned and headed upstairs.

I could hear Daniel and Carter laughing while I was upstairs. I couldn't help but to smile. Having Daniel around was normal, and some normalcy is what I needed.

Grabbing my textbook I figured I'd hang out upstairs till Carter left, which didn't take long. As soon as the parting lights, from what I assumed was Marcus car, approaching lights shine in my room.

I didn't need to have super hearing or a special power to know that it was them. Footsteps echoed on the stairs as Robert appeared at my door moments later.

"Hey." he says standing in my door.

"Hey." I smile as I look up from my book.

"May I come in?" 

I nod as I sat my pen down. 

"How are you?"

"I'm okay and you?"

He nods, "About the same." looking at my book he says, "Math?"

I nod.

"Mmm, Math was never in my strong area. Now history and science, I was a star A+ student."

"Yeah I bet." 

Smiling a moment passes as he says, "You know you don't have to come down and talk to them. If you don't want to."

"Why wouldn't I?" I asked raising my brow.

His eyes widen for a moment as if he was shocked I asked that, "We-well I know that you are upset with how they, lied, and just up and left and you haven't heard from them."

"You mean how you did?"

Robert closed his mouth as I closed my book.

Now I didn't need to be sarcastic but as I pushed my book from me I stood, pushing my damp hair from my shoulder as I stood as I say, "I gave you a chance. I deserve them the same chance."

Robert nods as he follows me out the room. Walking down the stairs, laughter echoed in the living room as I rounded the corner. Mom's hair was longer now, more reddish brown then it had been the last time I saw her, and Dad, well Dad hair was in wavy curls like Daniels, just darker.

Daniel was the first to see me as he smiles and says, "Hey, hey look who came down." his cheeks were red as if he was being embarrassing questions.

Mom was the first to turn around as my heart felt heavy. 

A part of me wanted to scream victim. I wanted to yell at her "Why did you leave? Did you not love me like you said." but I didn't because I knew that they wanted to keep Daniel safe, and I couldn't blame them. It was still fucked up, but I understood.

"Anna." Mom says.

Dad turned around and followed as she stood and when he looked at me he acted how he did when I first saw him in the hospital. After the dreams started. It was a look of whether or not he should get close to embrace me or if he needed to keep his distance not sure of how I would take it.

"Hi mom." I smiled, my voice low, "Or would you prefer that I call you Meredith now?" 

Tears filled her eyes as she says, "Its up to you. I will understand and accept whatever you pick."

Looking back at Robert I turned back to them as I saw Daniel and I took a tentative step forward. "Well," taking a breath I say, "You are the only parents I ever known." shrugging I say, "I've been on this 'trying to keep things as normal as possible' trend lately and, calling you what I only knew you as, is pretty normal to me." I almost didn't trust my voice anymore as I say, "If that's okay with you?"

Dad was the one who stepped up first as he say, "Of course honey that is okay." and within seconds he engulfing me into a hung that I missed oh so much. I inhaled the smell of his aftershave and that's when I let the tears fall. I had always been a daddy's girl. I was a tomboy at heart but with everything with Roberts 'death' and everything else. He was all that I had, the male figure that I knew that would protect me, and I'd be lying if I said that him leaving didn't hurt me the most, but at this moment, in these seconds, none of that matter. Because he was here.

Mom was the next to give me a full display of tears as she held me. She repeated, "I'm sorry" more times then I could count as I apologized too.

"Well, lets not get to mushy here." Daniel calls out as mom pulls away, wiping my tears off my cheek before wiping her own. 

"Oh hush it Daniel." she laughs, "I've missed my little girl."

Stepping back I glance at Robert who was staring at the a empty space on the floor. His aura flicked on before I could catch myself and I knew he was hurt, but he couldn't be that upset considering that he was the one who placed me with them.

I grew up with them as my parents and him as a doting uncle. 

Its all I knew.

Clearing his throat Robert say, "We should get to the topic of concern here."

"Yes." Dad says, "We should. Starting with you truth. The whole truth Robert."

My eyes locked with his as he nods and moves to the couch and sits.

"You should sit for this Anna."