There is Something About A Library

"Cupcake?"

Looking up from my text book Daniel smiles as he sits his backpack down.

Sliding next to me I move over to give him room as I smiled, "You know they don't allow food in the library."

"Well it isn't food, its a dessert so I think we are fine."

It had been a few days since Daniel enrolled back into school with me and I couldn't lie I was happy. With him being back he fell right back in sync with everyone as if he never left. Marcus and Carter were more then excited to have their best friend back and Daniel went back to his routine of fruity pebble cupcakes.

"You looked like you needed one so I grabbed one on my lunch."

"I can never say no to my cupcake can I." pushing my text book from me I pulled the paper off the cake before I split it into half, handing him the other piece.

Taking it he smiles, "Are you okay?"

"Yeah I'm just processing things."

He nods, "Have you heard from Harry?"

I shake my head, "No, he hasn't been to school."

Taking a breath he shakes his head, "I always worried about you dating, but this is crazy."

"He wasn't like this, Danny I don't know what to do."

"Shrimp he is a predator by nature, did you expect him to be the same always?"

"Just because its in your DNA doesn't mean you have to a bid by that."

Nodding he says, "True but you have to realize if this was something that he did before you, he has to want to change. You can't make someone flip that switch."

I didnt respond, because I knew that Daniel was right but he didnt know what went on with us. He didnt know the feelings.

Taking my silence as a way for me to change the subject he says, "Well the rents are coming in today to talk to Robert, and I told them I was bringing you."

"I don't think they want me there Danny."

Stuffing the last piece of the cupcake in his mouth he smiles, "Well good thing they don't have a choice."

Wiping the crumbs from his mouth he smiles before kissing the top of my head as he says, "I need to get going. Its senior college prep today."

"Oh right, you do graduate soon."

"Right, and then you'll be stepping in my shoes Shrimp."

"I think your shoes are tainted." 

"Tainted with my awesomeness." he winks before turning around and heading out.

Sitting there I went to look back in my book when it felt like someone was watching me.

Looking around the library I notice a few people off into their own world studying. Shrugging I went to look back at my book. 

Whispers echoed from the back of the library as I looked down the ailse to see a shadow. Now common sense told me not to get up, for me just to continue to study like I came here for. That was the plan. 

For all of 2 seconds.

Because the moment that I heard Harry's voice. I was out my chair and moving before I could register what I was doing. The dark shadow moved from section to section when I saw it head to the back. 

"This is the reason why people get killed in movies." I thought to myself as I realized that the back section was the Wiccan and Paganism section. Stepping into the open back area I stopped as I looked around.