The Devil Wears Red

Getting myself together I finally began to head downstairs. 

People already began to fill the house as I looked around and saw Charlotte. 

"Look who is finally up." she smiles as she stood there looking amazing in her short red dress.

"Yeah, sorry. I didn't think I was that drained." I smiled as I looked around, "Robert still haven't showed?"

"Nope, but he called and said he would be running home late. Does he know this is happening?"

I shook my head, "Nope, but I will text him."

"Charlotte! Anna!" looking over Jessica makes her way over to us wearing what looking like a two piece red bikini with a tutu. To say that I was shocked would be me lying.

"Hey." Charlotte and I say together.

"Everything looks amazing!" she beams, "Especially that flower back drop! How did you manage to get that done so quickly?" 

"Her dad has some really great connections." Charlotte says as she links arms with me.

"Well send over their info my mom would love to do business with them."

I nod as my phone began to vibrate.

"Excuse me." I say as I head towards the backyard, "Hello?" I say answering the phone.

"Anna, care to explain why there are about 50 kids pulling in the driveway right now."

"Your home?" 

"Yes."

Running my hand through my hair I say, "Look, Dad-"

"Dad huh?" Robert chuckles, "This must be the 'you said to do this so I am' speech."

"Well you did." I say.

"I told you to be a teenager, not to throw a party at our house. Anna there is to many things that could be set off in the house. Magical things."

"I know, I know, but it is all in your office locked up and my art room and the bedroom is off limits."

"Anna."

"I promise things won't go bad! Please just, just trust me. A lot of the kids here already think that I'm weird and I'm just trying to prove other wise."

There was a pause, and I could hear him taking a deep breath, "Ok." he says after a moment, "I'll be back by midnight and then everyone needs to start heading home okay?"

"Deal."

"I love you Anna. Be careful."

"I will." I smile as I the music gets turned on and I say, "I love you dad."

I could practically picture the smile on his face as he says, "Call if you need me."

"I will." and with one more I love you, we hung up.

It was weird calling him dad considering I grew up calling someone else dad for so long but in that moment I knew that it felt right, and not because I got him to cave to let me have this party, but just because it just did.

The music begins to blare as I could see people dancing and drinking. 

Tonight was going to be a good night.  I thought to myself as a faint warmth crept up my back. Spinning around my eyes fell on David as I tried to hide my disappointment.

"Well don't look to happy to see me." David smiles, "Your heart might burst from the excitement."

Hugging him as he reached me I say, "I'm happy to see you, I just thought that it was,"