Rainy Days

"But you just said that Camilla was human." The words rushed out of me as a new set of confusion settled in.

"Its complicated." he says.

"No shit, how complicated can you get with having a full wolf as a child and a human?" 

"We were twins that were conceived at different time." He smirks as he says, "Now I don't know how much you pay attention in health class, but let me educate you for a moment."

I rolled my eyes as I listened.

"When a male and a female consent in doing the hanky panky, a little swimmer from the male goes to the female and seeks housing in the females egg. Now you can end up fertilizing two different eggs at different times, or one egg can be fertilized and it just splits in two." Liam explains, "I was conceived first, Camilla was conceived after. Our due dates were a week apart, but my mom was induced and that's how we both came at the same time. My father was a wolf and her father was human."

I stared at him, my eyes widen, "You mom was-"

"My mom was living her best life." he smirks, "She wasn't married to my father but she was inbetween relationships with her ex when it happen."

"Was your mom human?"  

He shook his head, "No."

I sat there shocked, "Well damn. So wait you knew Louis back then?"

Shaking his head he says, "No, not really. I didn't hang with my sister like that. She had her life and I had mine, but I'd kill for her. Almost did when I found out that Louis was who she was running off with but I stopped because Harry asked me to. He taught me that channeling my rage like I was, would get me killed so he talked me out of it. Harry saved my life." he looks down at his hands as he says, "I owe the him a lot."

Swinging my feet off the bed I walked over to him, Leaning my head on his arm, I wrapped my arm around his, afraid to hug him because of his wounds, "I'm sorry."

Liam pulled his arm from my embrace as he pulled me into a side hug. Still looking out the window he says, "I miss her, you know. She was someone that kept me grounded, you remind me of her."

"I do?" I asked looking up at him.

He nods, "Its your personality. Camilla was sweet, everyone loved her. From kids, animals, to old people, she could win anyone over with a smile. She was a nerd like you too, she loved her books. She was a writer. She was terrible at it," he laughs, "But it was something that made her happy."

My worries and thoughts crept to the back of my head, as Liam stepped away from me. Half limping to the bed, he grabbed his side as he went and sat down.

"Does Grimmer know about Camilla?"

Liam nods, "Yeah, it was something that I had to confess to, in the reason why I went dark for a bit. Harry worked that deal out."

"Harry said that you lost your parents, was it due to that?" I asked walked to the couch that sat across from the bed.

He nods, "Mom tried to intervene, Camilla dad went MIA after he found out that Mom was a wolf, and my dad, lets just say he never accepted the fact that I was his."

"Liam-" I shook my head. What could I say? Sorry was to cliched, and I knew there was nothing that I could do. I hadn't known Liam then, but I could only imagine the hurt he went through and knowing him as I did now. Liam didn't deserve that.

"I won't lie," he says after a moment, "It hurt. To have lost the people I was close to in a heartbeat of a moment, but it gave me strength."

"But it closed you up." I whispered.

He nods, "It did." scratching the scruff on his chin he says, "I know that you know that it was no secret that I didn't care for you when I first met you. Partially it was because I didn't know what you were, therefore I didn't trust you, but once we found out," he paused, licking his lips, "All I could think about was Camilla and how she gave her life for a wolf that she loved and she had one that was going to give his for her." he laughed in a sarcastic manner, "It was as if it was a sick Romeo and Juliet story line and once I seen the lengths that Harry was willing to go for you, I knew in a heartbeat that he would die for you as Camilla did." something in Liam's voice broke making my heart drop to my toes.

"I can't lose my brother." Liam says, starring at an empty spot on the floor, "Anna I can't lose any more people that I see as my family."

Tears burned my eyes as I watched him. Liam was the sarcastic friend, he was the one who was either to perverted or to blunt, you never got an in between, but as I watched him now. His guard down. I saw Liam for who he was. A broken son, who lost his mother and sister to a fucked up world that didn't accept the mixing of species. And now with Harry-

I hadn't realized that I moved, not until I was directly in front of him. Placing my hand on his cheek, Liam wraps his arm around my waist as he hugged me. 

"I can't lose him. I can't lose another person because of Louis." he voice was low. 

Tears streamed down my face as I looked up and at the wall, "I'll bring him home. I promise you I'll bring him home."

I stood there for a moment. Silenced echoed in the air, as the only noise that echoed through the room was the informational that played on the tv.

"Sorry for getting mushy."

I smiled, "I'm the mushy one here, I think it was about time that I wasn't the one wrapped in emotions."

He laughs, "So true. Well you can have it back after today."

"Sounds like a plan." 

We laughed for a moment when, leaned back and looked at the door. Standing so quickly he pushed me behind him. Energy poured through him as I could feel him shifting. 

"Liam-" I went to call out to him but stopped as I could hear movement outside. Warmth covered me. Grabbing his arm I say, "Liam no wait its-"

The door swung open as Liam snarled. 

Walking in, his feet bare, and only wearing shorts, David walked in. He his body dripping of water as he looked like he has just rolled in mud. 

"Finalfuckingly!" he yells as he places his hands on his hips, "Do you not understand how much I hate being in the rain."

Liam and I let out a breath of air as we relaxed.

Outside headlights shined in the woods as David says, "As much as I would like to find out why exactly you two have been missing for 2 days, I'm more worried about taking a shower. So come on." he turned around and crouched down. Within seconds he had shifted into his wolf form. His white was more of a grey this time around, as compared to Harry who was a blinding white, since I ascended. 

"Show off." Liam murmured to himself as he shuffles behind me, grabbing a jacket.

"Hey, with you two being friends now. Maybe he can show you how to do it."

"Mmm." Liam hummed as he shuffled passed me as he says, "We'll see about that."

I watched as he pulled his sweater over his head, flinching at the pain.

"Are they sure that its clear out there?" I asked before moving.

"We are sure!" Niall yelled from outside, "So can you hurry up, I have pizza's arriving in T-minus 20 minutes!"

I rolled my eyes as Liam says, "Turn the tv off and lock the door, we'll come back later to deal with Bethany."

I nod as I slid on my shoes. Grabbing my jacket I went to follow Liam out the house when a reflection caught my attention. Looking at the counter, a small book set there with a silver lock on it, I went to walk over to the counter when I stopped as Liam called my name.

"Coming!" I yelled as I took a look back at the counter, turning I pulled on my jacket as I turned off the lights and closed the door behind me.