Caught

"Wait this isn't what it looks like." I say quickly.

"So I didn't just walk into a church to my daughter and her shirtless male friend, who has been marked with her blood, standing in a intimate embrace?"

"I uh,"

"He's got you there love." Says David as he moves from me and slips back on his shirt.

"We weren't doing anything?" I offered.

Robert shakes his head, "Try again."

"Why are you here?" Asked David.

"I tracked her. I couldn't call since a certain someone phone is water damaged." Crossing his arms Robert says, "Now you."

"I-,"

"I brought him." I say, cutting off David.

"You brought him?"

I nod.

"Why?"

Looking at David I say, "Because I had visions of him and Angelica at this church and I needed to come."

David eyes looked at me with question in them as Robert says, "You shouldn't be here. The amount of energy this place brings is intoxicating for you."

"I know." Never breaking eye contact with me, I say, "We were just leaving."

Turning I head out the door as Robert says, "Ride back with me. We need to talk. David can follow."

"I'm pretty sure David has something better else to do then to follow us."

"I actually don't." He says.

"Great then, shall we go?"

This time I avoided looking at David as I got into Robert car and closed the door.

On the drive home, I couldn't think of anything other then what happened. The vision, Angelica, and the pledge she gave over the crowd. Robert rambled on about replacing my phone tomorrow while I was at school and about how he wanted to finally start my training with him. Looking out the window I sat listening until we got home.

"Daniel should be home shortly. Meredith is home. I left my number on the counter if you need it." Robert calls out to me as I head to the front door.

"Copy that." I say as I unlock the door.

"Well enjoy your night, David don't stay late, there is school tomorrow."

"Yes sir." David says as I call out, "Bye." And head into the house.

David waited till Robert left before he headed in the house and by that time I was upstairs sitting on my bed sketching.

"What did you see?" He says barging into my room.

"Does it matter?"

"Yes."

"Why?" I ask, not being able to hide the disgust in my tone, "Would you just like for me to paint the vivid, unnecessary picture of you and Angelica together? You know a picture holds a thousand words."

"I didn't ask you about her," smirking he adds, "And mistake me if I'm wrong, you sound a bit jealous."

"Pssh, jealous? No. Why would I be jealous?" I say as I get up and walk over to my desk.

Walking behind me, David leans to my ear as he says deeply, "You know all you have to say is that you want me, and I'm yours."

Spinning around I say, "I don't want you."