Marked(Pt.2) The Bullshit Party

"Yes I'm good Pebbles, why are you asking?"

Twisting in my seat I focus on the road as David drives, "No reason, just checking on you."

There was a pause, "Are you okay?"

"Yes," I say, "I'm just on my way to a gathering with Robert."

"A gathering? What kind of gathering?"

"I'm not sure, I'm just supposed to meet him there."

"Hmm, okay. Just be safe okay? And don't-"

"Use any magic unless my life truly depends on it."

I could practically see him smiling as he says, "That's my girl. I love you."

"I love you too." I say as I pull the phone from my ear and hang it up.

"Why does he talk to you like a child?" Asked David, his eyes on the road.

"He doesn't."

"Don't do this, don't do that. Pebbles what were you thinking? Are you going by yourself? Take a buddy. That's my girl." David says in a mimicking tone.

"You're an ass."

"And you're delusional, but that's besides the point." Taking a glance at me he says, "How's the mark?"

"It's not throbbing anymore." I say, "It's better."

Shaking his head he says, "I wonder what made them send it out."

"If it was even them in the first place."

"It was." He says, "Trust me."

Moving my hair out of my face I closed my eyes and sighed, "I don't want to worry tonight. I want to go to whatever this thing is, and go home."

"Well I don't expect us to be here long,"

"Is Zayn coming?"

He shakes his head, "No he said he needed to do a spell or something and said he'd be to exhausted to come out." He says as he pulls up to a gated house.

Raising down his window he pushes the call button on the intercom.

"Hello how can I help you?" Says the female on the speaker.

"Hi there I'm looking for Esarosa." Says David.

"Your name?"

"David Locklear."

"And who is with you?"

David looks to me as he nods and I lean toward his window as I call out, "Annabelle Aconite."

There was a pause as I whisper, "Are we at the right place?"

The monitor buzzes as the lady speaks again, "Welcome Mr. Locklear and Miss Aconite. Please pull inside and enjoy your night."

Shrugging David says, "Guess so."

Pulling inside he follows the cones that lead to the driveway were valets stood at a post waiting for us to stop.

David was the first to open his door as the valet opens mine before I could reach the handle.

"Good evening Miss." Says the valet as he smiles and takes my hand as I step out the car.

"Good evening, and thank you." Taking my phone and sticking it into my black clutch I looked to my right as David walks up.

"What wrong?" He says instantly.

Smiling as I shake my head, "Nothing."

He nods as he steps towards me, grabbing the fabric on my shoulder he tugs it slightly up more as he says, "Let's try to keep that covered as much as possible tonight."