Disappearing

"This is nice." I say as I sat at the table looking out to the backyard. 

Walking outside with a plate of pancakes, eggs, and bacon, Robert sits the plates down as he says, "Nothing says good morning like breakfast at 6 in the morning."

I nod as I looked out to the yard. The sun was slowly starting to peek over the trees as the soft chirping out the birds began to start up.

"It sucks that this is the only time that I really see you." I say as I take a couple pieces of bacon and place them on my plate.

"Yeah well that's going to change. I'm going to start working from home. I'm starting to grow worry about you being alone with these wolves."

And here I thought he wasn't going to bring this up, "Look it was 3 days ago."

"But it was the second time within a couple months. You worry me Anna, and its not because I don't trust you."

"Nothing is happening between me and David or me and Liam."

"That's not what I'm saying. I'm just saying this pull that Angelica is starting to affect your sense of judgement and that's what's worrying me. For example, when was the last time you practice your magic?"

"I uh-"

"Or when was the last time that you tried to call your mother and father? Or have you even called to check up on Daniel?"

"Look I've-"

"When do you even do your school work? Attend school events? Or just draw for the hell of it?"

I said nothing.

"You've let this witch life change who you were before and now all you do is hang with those wolves and I understand that, its part of who you are but you need to understand that you need a sense of balance in your life that is away from this magic and wolf shit."

"Mom and dad haven't called to check up on me and I've tried calling Daniel! Or have you forgot that they pulled him out of school without telling me. I'm afraid to do anything school related because I'm afraid of someone getting hurt because of me. Last time I was with Char I damn there got her killed and I can't draw for fun anymore because they all end up turning to visions that I don't want."

"Then find a middle ground." he says as he picks up his coffee and drinks it, "Being a witch won't be easy, but you need to learn how to still how a life. I don't care what you do, just please be a teenager."

Drinking his coffee he grabs the syrup and says, "That's all that I want."

Picking up my orange juice I looked out to the woods as I let the air blow against the bareness on my skin and I smiled as I felt the energy hug me as if it was saying hello.

"I'll try." was all that I said as I picked up a piece of bacon.

He nods as begins to talk about him visiting old wolf friends and trying to figure out what our next steps included.

Later in the day I showered and got dressed and decided to meet Charlotte and some of her cheerleader friends at the local ice cream shop in town.

"You made it!" Charlotte says as she smiles and hugs me.

"Sorry I'm late." 

"You aren't late. Your ice cream just came." says Jessica as she smiles, "It's nice to see you out again."

"It's nice to be out."

"So where have you been?" asked Ariana, "I mean no one has really since you since we came back from winter break and it seems like you are skipping school to."

Looking at Charlotte I say as I eat a spoonful of ice cream, "Oh I've been sick."

"Sick, sick? Or are you Pregnant."

I choked on the cookies in my ice cream as I say, "What? No."

"Where's Harry?"

"I don't know?"

"Are you two still even together? Or are you dating Liam or that new guy that's always just around?"

"Jessica!" Charlotte yells.

"I need some air." I say as I stand from the table and walk outside.

Standing on the patio area I take in a deep breath as I pull out my phone. Scrolling down my recent call list I hit the number I wanted and waited.

"Hello?" 

"I miss you."

There was a pause before there was a response, "Are you okay?"

My heart stopped for a second, "A lot is on my mind right now and I just wanted to say I missed you."

Another pause, "Hey do you think that I could call you back?"

Tears began to burn in my eyes, "You can't spare a few minutes with whatever you are doing to talk to me Harry?"

"I'm in the middle of something. So I'll call you back."

Wiping the tears from my cheek I say, "Sure."

And without a goodbye the call ends and I stood there staring at a blank phone.

"Jack ass." I mumbled to myself as I collect myself and head back in. 

Robert was right. I needed to get away and be a teenager, but I wasn't a "normal" teen to begin with so how was I going to do that now?

"You didn't leave?" asked Ariana.

"Was I suppose to?"

"No, of course not." says Charlotte, "We were just trying to find a place to have Jesscia's birthday party at."

"I thought you had a place?"

"I did, but they canceled on me last minute so I have to find a place as of yesterday and start setting up asap."

"Did you call the bowling place?" asked Charlotte.

"I'm not having my party at a bowling alley. It's my senior year."

"You'll be lucky if any alley will take you in with a days notice." mumbles Ariana.

As they began to go back and forth my mouth opened before I could help it and I said, "Well you can just have it at my house."

Everyone turned to me. 

"What?" I say, "I have a pool, spacious back yard. The downstairs area is spacious."

"And your parents will be okay with it?" asked Jessica.

No, "Yeah it won't be a problem."

"How much?"

I shrugged, "A 3rd of what you were paying? Just incase something gets broken."

"Deal!" Jessica begins clapping as she says, "When can I come over to decorate?" 

"Charlotte knows your set up plan right?"

Jessica nods.

"Just give the stuff to her and we will handle it. Focus on you getting ready."

Jessica squeals as she jumps up and says, "Charlotte I'll drop it off tonight and the cash the day of." hugging me her and Ariana stand as they leave.

"I was going to cancel with helping her decorate." Charlotte glares.

"Well now you can come and hang with me."

"So you are going to decorate all by yourself?"

Standing I grabbed my keys and laughed, "Of course not."