Aftermath

Anna POV

Waking up, I rolled over in the bed with the biggest headache. Everything felt foreign and nothing felt real. Lifting my wrist up I stared at the pawprint as my thoughts went exactly to David.

He saved me.

Closing my eyes I last night played over in my head all over again.

"Pollyanna!" Liam voice rang in the air as I found myself in the middle of my art room on the floor. Air had blown all my papers around and although I wanted to roll my eyes at the sight of the mess, the smell of blood is what made me stop. The smell of blood and the fact that I was holding onto a heavy, almost lifeless body.

"David," I called out to him as I laid him slowly on the ground.

No response.

"David!" my eyes weld up as I noticed his hand covered him blood, "No, no, no!" I screamed Liam rushed over to me.

"Liam help me!" I cried. 

Leaning down to him, he says, "He has a heartbeat and he is breathing. I think he is okay. He is probably just exhausted."

"Are you sure?" I asked, not caring about the tears that rolled down my cheeks.

He nods, "Him breaking you out of that connection took a lot out of him. I didn't think he cared so much, not until tonight."

Pushing his hair out of his face, I ran my hand over the side of his face as I looked up at Liam, "What happened? Did I do this?"

Liam shakes his head as he pushes my hair behind my ear, "No, well, not initially."

More tears fell as Liam pulls me to lean against his chest, "We knew that you ascending would be a shit storm waiting to hit us. We just need to start being more prepared, but everyone knows about you now Polly, and that is making you a target."

"I don't want you getting hurt over me Liam."

"That's not up to you. That's our decision and to be honest, there is no one else I would rather die trying to protect. So, don't worry about it." Kissing my forehead, he gives me a faint smile as he says, "You need to shower this blood off you and try to get some rest. I'll throw him in the spare bedroom."

I nod, still not moving.

"Come on." Liam says, this time prying me away from David as he leads me to my bathroom.

Opening my eyes, I stared at the ceiling as I remembered Harry's scent, although I didn't see him last night. Reaching over to my nightstand I looked at my phone to see a missed call from Char, and from Liam, but nothing from Harry.

Getting up I walked to the spare bedroom as I wasn't surprised to see that David had left.

"Anna is that you?" Robert calls from his study.

"Yeah." I say softly as I made my way to him.

Sitting at his desk he instantly stands and walks over to me as soon as I walk in. Taking in on his hug I cried.

"Its okay sweetheart, you are safe."

"Everyone is getting hurt because of me. I've neglected Char and Ashton because I don't want them to get hurt, Daniel hasn't spoke to me nor has anyone in that house." Looking up to Robert I asked, "Am I really so fucked up?"

"Of course, not Anna." Walking me over to his couch, Robert pulls me into a hug as he says, "Look me and your mother never wanted to have kids, but when the signs aligned and god has a plan you just tend to go with it because you, god doesn't give you something that he thinks that you can't handle." Pushing my hair off my forehead he says, "Look I know that the way your mother and I handled this weren't the right way and I for one take the blame for it. You shouldn't have been raised on a lie, and I hate myself for having you go through that."