Think: Chapter Fifty-Two: Losing Control and an Unbreakable Heart

My Hero Academia Fan Fiction by Agent ARK 88

Disclaimer: The following is a work of fan fiction using characters and settings from My Hero Academia/Boku no Hero Academia created by Kohei Horikoshi. I do not claim any ownership of characters present in this piece that are owned and created by Kohei Horikoshi. I do not own My Hero Academima/Boku no Hero Academia.

Any references to historical events, real people, or real locales are used fictitiously. Other names, characters, places, and incidents are the product of the author's imagination, and any resemblance to actual events or locales or persons, living or dead is entirely coincidental.

Warnings: This work contains mild language, blood, and violence. If you are easily triggered by violent scenarios, please do not read this chapter.

Please be aware this piece is in second person perspective, following my original character, Think, Anna Kokoro, who is a transfer student from America. I will be posting in chapters/sections. I hope you have as much fun reading these pieces, as I did writing them. I'm glad to be back.

Chapter Fifty-Two: Losing Control and an Unbreakable Heart

The best way to explain yourself for the past week was out of it. Between receiving earrings from yourself that you hadn't even remembered purchasing, the foreboding feeling you had that indicated you hadn't actually purchased them, and your recurring nightmares, you were a mess. Your head either throbbed or blanked out. Kirishima had to remind you of your work-study that night too.

"How are you feeling?" Kirishima asked, after you'd come out of the changing room in your full hero gear.

"F-fine," you said, forcing a smile.

Kirishima's hand was on your arm before you could blink. He directed you to a more secluded corner of the Fat Gum building. His grip wasn't forceful. If you pulled away, you could easily slip free. Kirishima's bright red eyes looked down at you. His smile was replaced with worry. Being so close to his bare chest made the temperature in your body spiral out of control. He bit into his bottom lip with his sharp shark teeth, checking if anyone was watching the two of you.

"You can tell me if something is wrong," Kirishima whispered. "I promise I won't freak out. I'm here for you when you need me."

"I'm fine, Kirishima. I've just been...tired." You scooted over to give the two of you some space and so you could catch your breath. Did he have to be so nice and attractive? You covered your face with your hand, even though he couldn't see your blush under your mask.

Kirishima let out a heavy breath, tugging at one of his red hair-spikes. "Bakugo told me to keep an eye on you. Don't tell him that I told you, but he was worried. I would have looked out for you regardless. I've been worried too."

"Please don't worry about me, Kirishima. You've got enough on your plate." He did. In short, he was doing just as much as you were if not more. He actually found time to workout during the day, along with regular training.

Kirishima leaned back on his heels, scratching the back of his neck. You'd never get used to the way he looked at you. His red eyes were always so caring.

You hoped it was going to be an easy day on patrol. The chances of something dramatic happening like the last time was unlikely. How often did a group of villains just decide to do a robbery before checking if any heroes were around? The last thing you ever wanted to do was complain. Your quirk would have the final say, however. Your mind had already reminded you several times that week who was in control. If you weren't going to take a break, your brain would do it for you or punish you with memory loss or nightmares.