Think: Chapter Forty: A Snake in the Provisional Hero License Exam

My Hero Academia Fan Fiction by Agent ARK 88

Disclaimer: The following is a work of fan fiction using characters and settings from My Hero Academia/Boku no Hero Academia created by Kohei Horikoshi. I do not claim any ownership of characters present in this piece that are owned and created by Kohei Horikoshi. I do not own My Hero Academima/Boku no Hero Academia.

Any references to historical events, real people, or real locales are used fictitiously. Other names, characters, places, and incidents are the product of the author's imagination, and any resemblance to actual events or locales or persons, living or dead is entirely coincidental.

Warnings: This work contains mild language, blood, and violence. If you are easily triggered by violent scenarios, please do not read this chapter. This chapter could be triggering to some readers.

Chapter Forty: A Snake in the Provisional Hero License Exam

Training with class 1-A continued up until the day of the actual exam. You all clambered off of the bus more prepared than you'd ever been for what was about to come. Your eyes shined up at the giant building in front of you. It always caught you off-guard to see such gigantic structures. Growing up in such a quiet town always kept you from seeing such magnificent architecture strictly built to groom upcoming Pro Heroes. Shinso had almost immediately settled next to you when coming off the bus. His arm brushed yours.

You bounced up and down, nearly coming full circle before Shinso placed a hand on top of your head to quit you from moving. He laughed when you pouted up at him.

"I'm just excited," you said defensively.

"You're putting a target on your back looking so bright-eyed and bushy-tailed, Kitten," he said, putting his hands in his pockets.

"Oh," you said, straightening. "Do you think so?" you asked.

"So, cool!" Midoriya suddenly spouted, turning his gaze up at the tall structure. He was bubbling with the same energy that you had been.

Shinso rolled his eyes, and you finally realized exactly what he had meant, after seeing how Midoriya looked so out of place with his overexcitement.

"Shinso...you know if we pass this exam, we're both going to be semi-pro heroes?" you said distantly. You covered your mouth with your hands, forcing your body from bouncing again. "That means we'll be that much closer to our dreams."

Shinso let out a heavy sigh, hiding a small smile. "You're incorrigibly happy."

Out of the corner of your eyes you caught sight of a familiar facial structure, something that had your senses twisting as Mr. Aizawa was attempting to give the class advice about the oncoming exam. You couldn't help it. Your eyes left your teacher, focusing on the sense of danger that tightened your chest. You caught sight of white hair and shivered. Your eyes widened. The individual disappeared between other students without you being able to completely confirm who it was. Shinso nudged you.

"Kokoro, focus. I expect your best for this exam. Am I clear?" Aizawa said.

"Yes, sir," you stated.

"Alright, guys. We've got this! Let's cheer together! Plus—" Kirishima started, only to be cut off by an unknown student.

"Ultra!" a strange student from a different school shouted.

Another student with the same uniform and purple hair indicated how rude it was for the tall boy to have cut into the huddle. Something immediately rubbed you the wrong way about the tall boy with a shaved head. But, before anyone could really say anything, he enthusiastically bowed, apologizing.