Think: Chapter Eighty-Six: The Newish Oldish Kid

My Hero Academia Fan Fiction by Agent ARK 88

Warnings: This work contains mild language and violence.

Chapter Eighty-Six: The Newish Oldish Kid

You laid in the grass outside, just breathing in the fresh air on U.A. campus. You ran your fingers through the natural foliage, humming to yourself. Ochaco was lying next to you, content with having you beside her. Once you'd explained what had happened, she was grateful that you had returned. She was more concerned than anything, having not had heard from you in so long. She tried her best to catch you up, but a lot had happened.

"Yeah, we were pitted against class 1-B," she continued to explain. "It wasn't the same without you though." She frowned. "Honestly, it was pretty hard to focus. Everyone seemed a bit out of it. Not to mention, a new student was introduced from class 1-B. After you and Shinso had joined class 1-A, I guess the teachers thought it wouldn't be fair. He did have to prove himself in the competition between the two classes. He was pretty good." She sighed. "He was kind of arrogant though." She rolled over, twisting a blade of glass between her fingers. "He seemed familiar too."

"Familiar?" you asked. "Did he transfer from another school from here in Japan?"

"He's from the United States like you were."

"Really? A lot of prospective heroes transfer overseas, don't they?"

"U.A. is a pretty good hero school after all. One of the best." Ochaco grinned. She narrowed her eyes mischievously. "So, how have the boys been since you've gotten back?"

You frowned, crossing your arms over your chest and looking up into the sky. "You're just asking for the bet."

"No," she said, giggling. "Maybe."

"Real nice." You smiled despite yourself. "The boys..." You mulled over each of them in your mind. "They have been distant. I think they're trying to give me some space, after... Well, you know..."

Ochaco fell silent. "I'm not really sure that I do know what happened. You didn't actually talk about it." She stood up, leaning over you with her hands on her knees. Her brown hair fell forward. "You told me about your parents and what school they forced you into, but I feel like you're not telling me everything."

You turned your face away, and the grass tickled your cheek. "There wasn't much to tell. I was locked in my room for most of the time."

"Shinso mentioned something about BioVirus being there. W-was he trying to kidnap you again?"

You winced, thinking about what Kobura had sacrificed to get you back into U.A.. Your jaw tightened. "I'm surprised Shinso said anything at all, considering he didn't tell anyone what had happened. He was the only one there when I left." Your voice was more venomous than you intended it to be, and you instantly regretted your words. "Kobur—" You shut your mouth. "BioVirus didn't get a chance to take me. They took him to prison right after he threatened to hurt my parents."

Ochaco blinked her big brown eyes at you. Her eyebrows knitted together in concern. "Still, it must have been pretty scary to be targeted like that again." Ochaco tilted her head in thought. "To be fair, Mr. Aizawa sort of explained what happened. Shinso was pretty distraught after you left. He cut himself off from everyone. Kaminari couldn't even get him to quip a retort when he told a less than appropriate joke." Ochaco leaned back, stretching her arms overhead.

You let out a heavy breath. "I..." You bit hard into your bottom lip. "I don't really want to talk about it anymore. Can we just focus on moving forward? I've got some hero studies to catch up on since I've been gone."