Think: Chapter Thirty-Four: Shinso's Secret

My Hero Academia Fan Fiction by Agent ARK 88

Chapter Thirty-Four: Shinso's Secret

The Bakusquad had been a mess since the incident. Sero and Kaminari had managed to pull Bakugo off of Kirishima that night, but the two of them refused to talk to each other following the kiss. This resulted in an extremely more aggressive Bakugo, considering there was no one left to calm him down. As a result of everything that had happened, Bakugo had become more protective over you. He went out of his way to get in anyone's way that tried to talk to you, or he had you sit with the Bakusquad, preferably between him and Kirishima, so, as he said it, "He didn't have to look at Kirishima's shitty hair."

Bakugo's new attitude wasn't the reason for the change in your daily routine. Shoto had made an effort to avoid you too. It hurt your heart to see him and not be able to talk to him about what had happened. Whenever there was a chance you could say something to him, he'd disappear. Shinso was acting abnormal as well. Since he was the only one now walking with you in the morning, it was glaringly obvious he too hadn't been as present. Several days that week, you'd shown up to class late because you'd gotten lost without anyone to walk you there. This reflected in your overall mood. You became distant, both in class and with your friends.

It wasn't until the end of the week, when Shinso ran into you after class, that everything finally hit you.

"Hey, Kitten. Got any plans this weekend?" Shinso asked.

You burst into tears, unable to hold in everything that was bothering you. Shinso jolted back, completely caught off guard. You covered your face in your hands, sobbing like a baby.

"W-what did I do?" you wailed, shuffling over to Shinso and burying your face into his cotton shirt. "D-do you hate me too?" you asked.

"What are you talking about?" Shinso asked. "Why would I hate you? Why would anyone hate you?" He patted your back, attempting to calm you down. You weren't exactly in a hidden place, considering you decided to have your emotional breakdown in the middle of campus.

Shinso moved you off of the path, sitting down in the grass and motioning for you to do the same. "What's wrong?" he asked.

"S-Shoto said that w-we should stay away from each other. Bakugo and Kirishima aren't talking because Kiri kissed me."

Shinso cringed, but he continued to listen.

"A-and it's so awkward. No one is hanging out with me anymore, a-and I feel like it's all my fault, but no one will tell me how to fix it. I haven't s-seen you that much either, and it makes me really sad," you uttered through hiccupping sobs.

Shinso's expression shifted with your words. You wiped at your tear-filled eyes, taking in several ragged breaths in an attempt to calm yourself down.

"W-what did I do?" you asked again, sniffling.

Shinso tensed up in front of you. His hands held up in defense. He sighed, running his hand over his face and peeking at you from between his fingers. He clicked his tongue, sitting back and rubbing the back of his neck.

"Oh, Kitten. I can explain my situation, but..."

Shinso took another look at your face, and his chill expression crumpled. Your lip quivered, ready to start crying full force again. He held up a finger, pulling his phone from his pocket and tapping on it for a minute or two.

"Who are you texting?" you asked.

"Midoriya," he muttered.

"Why Midoriya?" you asked.