Think: Chapter Seventeen: Watching Closely

My Hero Academia Fan Fiction by Agent ARK 88

Disclaimer: The following is a work of fan fiction using characters and settings from My Hero Academia/Boku no Hero Academia created by Kohei Horikoshi. I do not claim any ownership of characters present in this piece that are owned and created by Kohei Horikoshi. I do not own My Hero Academia/Boku no Hero Academia.

Any references to historical events, real people, or real locales are used fictitiously. Other names, characters, places, and incidents are the product of the author's imagination, and any resemblance to actual events or locales or persons, living or dead is entirely coincidental.

Warning: This work contains mild language, blood, and violence.

Chapter Seventeen: Watching Closely

Kirishima tried to hold a conversation with you while he was watching over you, but you'd only answer him shortly. You hated being so curt with him, but fear clouded your thoughts. It bothered you much more to know if anything happened to you now, Kirishima might need to step in. You didn't want anyone to get hurt on your behalf. Truthfully, you were more afraid of your friends getting injured than yourself. You understood that most of their quirks far exceeded yours in control and power, but, in the face of danger, it would be best to keep them out of it.

"Do you need to talk about what happened at the carnival?" Kirishima's voice had changed. His tone was lower and wary.

Your gaze finally met his. "We already talked about it," you muttered, looking back down.

"We did," he admitted. He scooted his chair closer to the bed. "But, I'm here to listen if you need me to." He grabbed the red stuffed shark he had won for you from your bed and handed it to you.

You smiled, giving the small plushy a squeeze. "I wish that I didn't have any bad memories of that day." You sighed. "I had a lot of fun."

Kirishima leaned down in front of your face, waving his hand. You looked up to take in his toothy grin. "Then forget about the bad stuff," he said.

You chuckled weakly. "I wish I could," you said.

"I know it's not something that's easy, but I had a great time that day too...minus, the scary stuff of course." Kirishima rifled through his pocket. He slipped out the very bandana that you'd won him from the carnival.

Your eyes widened. "You have that on you?" you asked.

"I was going to wear it tonight, but I chickened out because I didn't want Kaminari and Mina to razz me about it. I guess that's not very manly of me." He scratched the back of his neck awkwardly. "I like it a lot. I love it even more that you tried so hard to win it for me."

Warmth spread throughout your chest. You tightened your hold over the shark in your arms, pressing it up against your now blushing cheeks. Kirishima's crimson eyes admired the bandana in his hands, and he sighed as if he was in a deep reverie.

"I'm so happy you like it that much," you mumbled into the stuffed shark.

Kirishima's gaze seemed to focus again. "Then you should forget about those dumb League of Bullies. There's nothing you've got to worry about when you're a part of our class." Kirishima flexed both of his arms.

You sighed, feeling guilt tug at your heart strings. "That's what I'm afraid of," you said.

Kirishima furrowed his brow. "What do you mean?" he asked.

"I don't want any of you to get hurt because of me. I...I've always been so clumsy...accident prone. I was the target of a lot of bullies, and now it just feels like I'm being targeted again. I don't want any of you to get hurt protecting me." You shut your eyes, feeling the tears coming on again. "When Shigaraki was holding me hostage, he threatened to kill innocent people, not just me. I think that was the most fearful moment of my life, knowing that others could have gotten hurt, or worse killed, because I, once again, was targeted because of who I am, because of my quirk."