Think: Chapter Eight: Parental Guidance

My Hero Academia Fan Fiction by Agent ARK 88

Disclaimer: The following is a work of fan fiction using characters and settings from My Hero Academia/Boku no Hero Academia created by Kohei Horikoshi. I do not claim any ownership of characters present in this piece that are owned and created by Kohei Horikoshi. I do not own My Hero Academia/Boku no Hero Academia.

Any references to historical events, real people, or real locales are used fictitiously. Other names, characters, places, and incidents are the product of the author's imagination, and any resemblance to actual events or locales or persons, living or dead is entirely coincidental.

Warning: This work contains mild language and violence. Please be aware this piece is in second person perspective, following my original character, Think, Anna Kokoro, who is a transfer student from America. I will be posting in chapters/sections. I hope you have as much fun reading these pieces, as I did writing them.

Chapter Eight: Parental Guidance

You woke up in the nurse's office, blearily trying to clear your foggy mind. Todoroki's fingers had laced with yours. His head was bowed, and he was snoring softly at the side of your bed.

Bakugo was glaring at you at the foot of your cot, and you almost screamed. He narrowed his eyes at you. Bandages had been wrapped from the bottom of his torso all the way up his arms. You laid your head back.

"You can't scare people like that," you muttered breathlessly. Your throat burned as you spoke.

"How do you feel?" he asked. His red eyes made their way to your injuries.

"Me?" you asked incredulously. "What about you?"

"I'm fine," he said gruffly. "You're the dumbass who nearly got the life choked out of them. What would have happened if I didn't come looking for you?"

The image of being surrounded by blue flames, of being grabbed, came rushing back to you. You tightened your fingers around Todoroki's who shifted in his sleep. Your eyes couldn't seem to come back up to Bakugo's.

"Thank you." Your voice wavered, and your chest tightened.

Bakugo deepened his scowl at you. "Be grateful it didn't end up worse," Bakugo growled.

"You're awake," Mr. Aizawa's voice floated over to you.

You cringed, peering up at him. Todoroki's fingers twitched in your hand.

"What were you doing outside in the middle of the night? The whole school had gone on lockdown because there was a trespasser on campus. Explain yourselves, now." His stern tone reverberated against the walls. He looked more exhausted than usual. Mr. Aizawa's eyes went to Bakugo accusingly.

"Don't look at me," he snapped, getting into a defensive position. "Big Brain here was—"

"You were the one that directly disobeyed the dorm shutdown protocol, so you aren't off the hook either." Mr. Aizawa crossed his arms over his chest.

Bakugo bit back a string of swear words, looking away.

"Mr. Aizawa, Bakugo saved my life. I'm the one who didn't warn anybody that I sleepwalk. Bakugo was the only one who knew, so when the alarms went off, he probably knew I was outside...I didn't mean to cause any trouble. I just woke up, and I ran into that guy..." You felt the tears forming in your eyes again as you trailed off.

"What guy?" Mr. Aizawa questioned you.

You choked back a sob. "He said his name was Dabi."

Mr. Aizawa attempted to hold back his surprise, tugging at his binding ropes that were hanging loosely around his neck.