Think: Chapter Thirty-Five: Missing Buttons

My Hero Academia Fan Fiction by Agent ARK 88

Chapter Thirty-Five: Missing Buttons

"So, are we just not going to talk about this?" Iida asked.

"Talk about what?" Midoriya asked him.

"Why Shinso is so inappropriately dressed and sitting with us," Iida offered.

"There's nothing wrong with Shinso sitting with us," you said defensively.

"I invited him," Shoto said coolly.

Shinso quirked an eyebrow up at Iida. "And, what about how I'm dressed?" he asked.

Iida lifted his hands over the lunch table, prepared to start chopping his arms to make a point. You and Shoto were slurping up cold soba, while Shinso was propped up on two different chairs, playing on his phone. His white school uniform shirt was barely being held together by a single safety pin the center, exposing most of his chest. You were attempting to ignore it, as you knew that Buttons was the ultimate culprit.

Iida adjusted his glasses, taking in a deep breath before sitting back down. "Of course it's fine that he's sitting with us. I just found it odd that we hadn't discussed his appearance. I find it rude not to discuss a new presence at our table. As for Shinso's attire, it is certainly not within regulation. He's practically exposed."

Shinso made a futile attempt to tuck his shirt into the top of his pants as to close it a bit. "It's raining outside, so I can't eat where I normally do on the roof. Icy Hot invited me, and I thought I wouldn't be a bother. Some of the buttons on my shirt popped off, and I can't sew."

"It's Todoroki," Shoto corrected, slurping up more noodles.

Iida nodded. "I suppose that's a reasonable explanation." His attention shifted onto you. "Think, how are you doing?"

You paused from slurping up some more noodles. "I'm doing well," you said evenly. "I seem to be healing quickly."

"That's good to hear. Please let me know if I can assist you in any way."

"I'm sure it will be fine. I'm excited to get back into the heavier training." You held a fist up.

"Don't rush it, Big Brain," Bakugo said above you.

You peered up at him, realizing you'd nearly clocked him in the jaw. "Sorry," you said.

Bakugo grunted. He slid a wrapped bento box next to you, clicking his tongue. "Cold soba again?" he asked in annoyance. "I brought you vegetables today. You need to have a balanced diet to recover fully."

Your original excitement stemming from the surprise of seeing him was replaced by a scowl. You stuck out your tongue, pouting. You went to push the bento box away, but Bakugo placed his hand on it, sliding it back in front of you and pushing your tray out of the way.

"Eat it," he said. Bakugo's glare moved over to Shinso. "Where are your damn buttons, Brain Drain? Forget you had to wear a shirt today?"

Shinso shrugged, going back to his game. Bakugo clicked his tongue, but before he could let out another snarky remark, a hand had tapped your shoulder.

"And, if you eat your vegetables, you get to have pocky," Kirishima added, appearing out of nowhere. He shook the box of pocky on the other side of you, grinning. He had effectively defused the possible situation that could have sprung from Bakugo force-feeding you vegetables or from his less than savory comment toward Shinso.

You hadn't realized that Shoto had stood from his chair, until Kirishima had caught your attention. You were grateful that your red-haired classmate had gotten involved before there was a fight. Bakugo nearly snatched the box of treats from his friend, until Kirishima quickly evaded.