Think: Chapter Sixty-Nine: Overhaul's Destruction

My Hero Academia Fan Fiction by Agent ARK 88

Warnings: This work contains mild language, blood, implied abuse, and violence.

Chapter Sixty-Nine: Overhaul's Destruction and the Emergence of a Guardian Hero

The building felt near collapse. You wouldn't be surprised if you'd taken out some major support beams in your battle with Kobura. Your biggest challenge now was to stand. Kobura had managed to help you center yourself again, but it didn't mean the virus hadn't taken hold of your overall motor functions. It was safe to say, no one was coming to get you. At least, not now. Anyone who came to rescue you later would find your body under piles of rubble. The walls shifted again, angrier and more aggressive.

A scream resounded, muffled, but angry, "I'll crush you all!"

The tail end of a villain attack came from the ceiling. You barely rolled out of the way of an oncoming pillar of rock and dirt. If it hadn't been for Kobura, you would have taken the building down yourself, but it also wouldn't be so difficult to move around. Nausea tumbled through your stomach. Your head swam, and your vision blurred. Still, you forced yourself to your feet, your fever burning your forehead so hot it could melt your helm.

You crawled toward the yelling, pocketing projectiles along the way. Your chest felt compressed. You had trouble breathing but pushed forward. You most likely weren't the only one separated in the group. Had they already made it to Eri? It couldn't have been possible. The villain controlling the walls was still causing havoc, which meant they were still fighting their way to her.

You lifted your head and pushed your body up from the ground, testing the weight on one of your legs. You stumbled to your feet, tumbling into the nearby wall. You gritted your teeth, rubbing your fingers against your neck. Kobura had directly injected you with his quirk. He had to know it would take this long for you to get up. He wouldn't have left you had you actually been in danger.

The pillars above you suddenly froze. The villain must have been stopped. You put a hand to your chest. You could hardly breathe. Your quirk sputtered in your mind, barely above a spark. It wouldn't come back until your fever broke.

You glanced at the open walls in irritation. Two damaged sides and not one that would lead you to where you needed to go. You turned your gaze upward. No way out indeed. You wouldn't forgive yourself if you just left. Eri needed you. If no one else could get to her, you would.

You scanned the wall, remembering how, even without much assistance with a quirk if no assistance at all, Heart of Hearts had cracked concrete. All you needed was focus, picture punching through the object. Your quirk hadn't come back yet, nor had your strength, but you could do it. You could make a hole, just a crack in the wall, that would be enough, then you could figure out how to get through. You moved into a fighting stance, concentrating. You clenched your hand into a fist, breathing out.

You swung. The first hit stung, and you were close to cursing like Bakugo. You hadn't made a dent, and you shuddered at the thought of this is where you would be stopped, this is where your progress would end. You couldn't let your emotions get the better of you. As helpless as you felt as a child, Eri was more helpless. She was being tortured. You wouldn't give up, until you knew that she was safe.

You clenched your fist. Focus on your goal and strike. There wasn't any quirk energy behind it, but your muscles coiled with renewed vigor. You swung, fist colliding with wall and making headway. It cracked, big enough to peer through. You clutched your hand to your chest.

"That's going to hurt a lot more tomorrow," you mumbled.

You took hold of the hole, trying to pry chunks of it free, but it didn't give much more than what you already had. You stepped back, only to twist your ankle on one of the projectiles still rolling around. You caught yourself before you completely face planted. You straightened, picking up the red-painted object and turning it in your hand in frustration. This would have been much easier had you carried explosives on you. Your attention shifted back to the hole, and it finally hit you. Before you could convince yourself that this was less than a great idea, you placed the small red ball into the hole. If it expanded, it could give you enough space to fit through. You had to make sure you timed it right so that your hand wasn't caught in the crossfire, but it was worth a shot. You located the hidden trigger on the ball, giving yourself a chance to breathe before setting it off. Hatsume would giggle with pride if she saw you now.