Think: Chapter Sixty-Two: An Explosive Day at the Park

My Hero Academia Fan Fiction by Agent ARK 88

Chapter Sixty-Two: An Explosive Day at the Park

You stood next to Mr. Aizawa's car. Overcast foreshadowed a dreary day, but you'd somehow managed a smile, which began to fade with every passing hour. Your parents were supposed to meet you at U.A., approximately three hours ago, then Aizawa would take you and them to the park. They'd assured you every hour, by the hour that they were on their way. You checked your phone yet again, only seeing the same three messages you had before.

"Kokoro," Aizawa said softly.

You jumped hearing his voice, nearly dropping your phone. "Yes, sir."

"Maybe we should postpone—"

"T-ten more minutes! C-can we wait ten more minutes, please? I'm sure they're almost here," you said. Even you didn't believe yourself, but you had to stay positive.

"Sure," Mr. Aizawa said. He'd been patient thus far, and his expression remained impassive.

You hated thinking you were wasting his time. It had already been three hours. How much longer did you expect to keep Mr. Aizawa? You should have known that they would do this. You shouldn't have gotten so excited about it either. It was stupid to have been so positive.

You'd chosen a bright blue dress. It was comfortable, especially since you had decided to wear your boots with it. You'd drawn your hair back into a braid, taking extra care to attempt to hide the blue strands that had sprouted out after unlocking more of your quirk. You covered up the bruises on your knuckles with colorful bandages, making them look more like a fashion choice, so you wouldn't worry your parents. All of your pre-planned preparations seemed futile, considering it appeared your parents wouldn't even show up.

A speck of rain hit your cheek. You turned your crestfallen gaze up to the gray sky. The rumble of a storm made you wince. Your phone vibrated. You checked it quickly. Your shoulders dropped.

"I'm sorry," you said in a small voice.

"Kokoro?" Mr. Aizawa asked.

"I apologize for keeping you here for so long. My parents just texted me. They're not coming after all. They said that we might be able to do it another time," you said.

Mr. Aizawa nodded. "No need to apologize. It's not a problem. You can tell me when they set up another meeting." He moved toward the car, ready to get in to park it back into its designated spot.

Hot tears came to your eyes. Bakugo was right. You shouldn't have been so hopeful. You'd gotten yourself worked up for nothing.

You wiped away at a tear that had managed to slip down your cheek. Mr. Aizawa looked up, and his eyebrows furrowed. You bowed your head to keep him from noticing your tears, but you soon realized he wasn't looking at you.

"Wait!"

You snapped your attention back to the voice, watching in disbelief as you watched Bakugo run toward you. He was wearing a pink sweatshirt, jeans, and a backward cap. In his one hand, he was carrying some kind of bundle in a blanket. In the other hand, he was holding a cookie.

"Aizawa-sensei! Can you still take us to the park?!" Bakugo called out.

Your eyes widened. You opened your mouth to protest, but Bakugo promptly shoved the cookie he was holding into your mouth. Your hands went up to your face, catching half of the cookie in your palm as you sputtered from the foreign intrusion.

Bakugo grabbed a hold of your arm, ushering you toward the passenger door and practically shoving you into the waiting car. Aizawa bent down from his side of the car, looking between you and Bakugo. He rolled his eyes.