Think: Chapter Forty-Five: The Big Three Work-Study Students and Offers

My Hero Academia Fan Fiction by Agent ARK 88

Chapter Forty-Five: The Big Three Work-Study Students and Offers

You sat at the front of the class on the edge of your seat. Mirio had spotted you immediately. His beaming smile reached ear-to-ear. Just after discovering your class would possibly be able to participate in the work-study program, it seemed as if the information was all dropped on you at once. Mr. Aizawa made it clear that not all of you would be participating, and that the program itself was completely voluntary, should UA staff even agree to allow first years to participate in it. This meeting with UA faculty would occur later in the day. You thought a work-study program would be the perfect opportunity for you to grow. You needed field training. Having been isolated from quirks and society in general, you wanted so badly to get real work done.

"Many of you may already know The Big Three, but they are here to advocate for the work-study program at UA. As this program is completely voluntary, it's important that you get the opportunity to hear firsthand what the program can do for you. I will leave introductions to these three. Please be respectful as they are guests in our class."

Of course Tamaki was staring back at the wall, shivering. You wished that you could do something to help with his anxiety. Compared to the other two, Tamaki almost seemed like a shadow to their sunshine. You could understand him though. You were a lot quieter in your old school, afraid to be ridiculed, afraid you just weren't good enough.

"I am Nejire Hado, and this is Tamaki Amajiki."

"And, I'm Mirio Togata, but I know that some of you already knew that." Mirio put his hands on his hips as the room grew silent. He seemed...awkward...you guessed might have been the word for it. None of them seemed very attuned to reading the room.

"Tamaki, would you like to speak first?" Nejire offered.

Tamaki shuddered after hearing his name. He glanced back at the class with his lip quivering. He tucked his head between his shoulders. You couldn't help it. You straightened in your chair, reaching your mind out to him.

We're not that scary, Tamaki. I promise. I'm here. You hesitated your thoughts a bit, before continuing. The walking backwards girl.

Tamaki glanced back in your direction, straightening. Just as soon as he relaxed a little, he scrunched up again as soon as he caught sight of the entire class again. You tried.

Nejire didn't skip a beat. She broke into the dull silence with a cheerful tone. Her eyes sparkled in excitement, as she proceeded to bounce around the room, asking each student personal questions about their quirks. She must have memorized their names because she spouted them off as if she was holding a list in front of her. Unfortunately for you, being in front of Denki Kaminari and in earshot of Mineta, you heard all of the rather unsavory things that they were saying about how hot she was. You tuned most of what was happening out to avoid being disgusted. That was until Nejire made eye-contact with you.

"Aren't you Anna Kokoro? Ah, I heard that your costume is super sparkly! Does it help with your quirk? Mirio told me that you were super nice. Are you really? I love your braid. Do you do that yourself? We should trade hair secrets some time. Girl to girl." She was hovering over your desk at this point, and you leaned back nervously.

"U-um..."

Aizawa's mood had shifted since it appeared Nejire's questions had gotten out of hand. You didn't blame him for his souring mood. The Big Three were there to discuss work studies, and they hadn't even started yet. Mirio cleared his throat, pointing out to the class.

"Don't you worry Eraserhead. We promised that we would discuss the work-study program, and I intend to get us back on track! Now, everyone! The future looks..." Mirio cupped his ear as if you all were supposed to answer him, but you swore you could only hear cicadas in the silence's wake.