Think: Chapter Eighty: An Unbelievable Performance

My Hero Academia Fan Fiction by Agent ARK 88

Chapter Eighty: An Unbelievable Performance

Your eyes were clenched shut tightly, body trembling as Kobura readied himself to stitch you up. Fear tightened every muscle in your body. Tears formed in your eyes. Kobura brushed his fingertips across your knee, and you jumped.

"Anna." Kobura gulped. "Sweet Anna, I need you to stay still. You can't move suddenly like that when I start. I could do more damage to you."

"I-I can't help it. Is it going to hurt?" you asked. Of course it was. You hoped it wouldn't, but it was probably going to be very painful.

"Yes. It is. I'm sorry." Kobura sighed, and you heard him shift back. "Maybe, we should tell the U.A. staff about the injury. There's a chance they won't find out the whole story. They won't shut down the festival for one injured student. We can come up with a story that it happened moving boxes or something," he offered.

"Kobura, I can't lie," you said, clenching your eyes shut tighter. "I've been keeping so much from my teacher about y—" you cut yourself short. "I've been withholding information from my teacher and my classmates for weeks now. If they catch me in a lie, I won't have a choice but to tell them everything. Then, they will insist on an investigation, find out that you're involved, and if The League of Villains are involved it's a perfectly good reason to panic. At the very least, they would send Eri back to the hospital until things were sorted out. I can't do that to her. Please, just do it."

Your body trembled again when Kobura shifted forward. He put a hand to the shirt tied around your leg, and you jolted back again, backing into his desk.

"I haven't even done anything yet, Anna," Kobura said softly.

"I know." You took in a shaky breath. "I'm good. I won't move. I promise."

"Here. You can hold my hand through the whole thing." Toga intertwined her fingers with yours, giving your hand a small squeeze. "The first stitch is always the worst, but it will get better."

You clutched onto Toga, despite her being a villain. She managed to anchor you long enough for Kobura to start. He cut free the shirt, quickly cleaning the wound. It stung badly. Your free hand gripped the armrest of the gaming chair, and you squeezed Toga's hand tighter. Kobura put the needle in, and you felt the armrest snap under your grip. A wave of nausea came crashing through you followed by a lightheadedness you hadn't expected. Then, nothing, darkness.

...

You woke up back in the van. Spinner was whisper-shouting about something in the driver's seat, but it was muffled as you slowly regained consciousness. Your blindfold was pulled off, and your eyes struggled to adjust to daylight.

"You're awake!" Kobura shouted, embracing you.

"Do you want the whole damn block to hear you, idiot? There are Pro Heroes crawling everywhere. Keep your voice down," Spinner snapped.

"You scared us passing out like that," Toga said.

"I finished stitching up the wound like you asked, Anna, but I was so worried the whole time I could barely concentrate. Don't do that to me again," Kobura murmured into your shoulder. "Toga talked me down from taking you straight to the hospital."

"I knew you'd wake up," Toga said, smiling at you.

"Toga was the only one who knew. Pretty sure she was guessing," Twice added. His masked face was pressed up against the tinted back window, as he stared in awe at the passing Pro Heroes.

"Where are we?" you asked, blinking. "Are we going to make it on time?"

The van abruptly stopped, sending Twice tumbling off his feet. Thankfully, Kobura was still holding you, so you didn't get whiplash. Toga remained relatively in the same spot, perfectly balanced, despite being crouched down beside you.