Think: Chapter Eighty-Eight: Quirkphobia

My Hero Academia Fan Fiction by Agent ARK 88

Warnings: This work contains mild language and violence.

Please be aware this piece is in second person perspective, following my original character, Think, Anna Kokoro, who is a transfer student from America.

Chapter Eighty-Eight: Quirkphobia

Bakugo was outside your door the next morning as promised. He was no longer covered in the previous night's grime. Surprisingly, Shinso actually waved to you on his way by both of you. It was the most positive thing that he'd done since you'd come back. Bakugo flipped him off as he passed, and Shinso returned the favor after lowering his hand from the wave.

Bakugo must have told Kirishima he couldn't come this morning because he wasn't anywhere in sight. Bakugo had ripped your backpack off of your back, and he was carrying it along with his own.

"What the hell you got in here? It's heavy as shit," he grumbled.

"You can give it back," you said. "I don't mind carrying my own stuff. It's just books."

Bakugo clicked his tongue. "Just books my ass." He tightened his jaw. "It's heavy, not too heavy for me. I'll carry it."

You pressed your lips together, trying not to say something else that might upset him.

"I wouldn't mind us working next to each other during my work-study," he mumbled out.

"What?" you asked in surprise.

"Don't read too much into it, Big Brain. I just mean it would be better if I could keep an eye on your clumsy ass while you're out in the field." His face flushed. He shifted your bookbag over his shoulder.

"Oh," you said dejectedly.

"Not that you fall much anymore anyway," he huffed out.

You faintly smiled at that. You rubbed the back of your neck. "I've got a bit of catching up to do since my leave of absence. Can't really argue about my clumsiness. I'll do my best so you won't have to keep an eye on me as much," you said.

Bakugo shrugged. "I don't mind keeping an eye on you." Bakugo tugged absently at his loose school-uniform tie. "But, don't get used to it, Big Brain."

"Okay..." you responded, watching his tense expression. "Thank you, Katsuki."

Bakugo's eyes widened, but he refused to look back at you. His face turned as red as his eyes. He muttered something about you being an idiot before trekking far ahead. You covered a giggle, picking up the pace to keep up with him.

Bakugo remained with you for the entirety of the day. Jett Gibson and Neito Monoma did not appear once. As Bakugo held the door open for your dorm room at the end of the day, you caught Shinso walking by. He paused in the hallway this time, raising his hand lazily in greeting to you. You raised your hand in return, grinning. Maybe, he was ready to start talking to you again.

Bakugo's glare flashed over to the teenage boy. "Keep walking, Brain Drain," he snapped.

"It's a public space," Shinso said, content expression falling. "I can do what I want."

"Feel free to do nothing, like you did when they forced her to leave here," Bakugo shot back.

Rage filtered through Shinso's expression. He clenched his jaw. "Don't act like you know everything I've done for her, sacrificed for her."

"Hitoshi," you said softly, heart breaking. You never asked him to take on any burdens, especially on your behalf. He was hurting far more than you thought he had been.