Think: Chapter Eighty-Nine: Back in the Field

My Hero Academia Fan Fiction by Agent ARK 88

Warnings: This work contains mild language, blood, and violence.

Chapter Eighty-Nine: Back in the Field

You looked in the mirror again at your new winter uniform. It was hard to believe you were already back in the field with Heart of Hearts, but after a small amount of paperwork and a signature from Aizawa, you were already back in the Endeavor Agency locker rooms.

It had turned out your winter hero costume had already been in the works right before you'd been removed from U.A., so after some searching, they were able to locate the upgraded version before it was torn apart for scraps. The costume itself had the essence of the original, but a lot of it had changed with the coming of winter. Due to needing the least amount of material near your head to use your quirk effectively, the warmth of the costume came from the body part of the suit from the built-in higher neck piece accented with silver sparkles, down to the dark blue quilted padding in the bodice. There was a hooded capelet in the back that's hood bunched comfortably near your neck with the same midnight fabric it had before. New tactical pockets shimmering with glitter had been added to the suit, but your belt, boots, and skirt remained a shiny black. The chest still maintained the "T" for Think, placed in a shiny-rimmed thought bubble. Thicker and warmer combat gloves adorned your hands, but the fingers were left out to the cold for easy access to gadgets and quirk use. Thankfully, there was a mitten option that you could flip over your fingers should you not be in combat. Lastly, your blue visor had minimum tactical changes, aside from the addition of thin light-blue fuzzy earmuffs that were detachable should they get in the way. You were surprised how movable the costume's fabric was with all of the winter additions. In fact, you felt freer to move in this stretchy material.

As you exited the locker room, you spotted Shinso and Heart of Hearts chatting with Shoto, Bakugo, and Midoriya. Well, Shinso wasn't actually talking. He was more or less giving Bakugo long sarcastic looks. Their costumes had not changed nearly as much as yours. The major difference for all of them had been more fabric, especially near the neckline.

Heart of Hearts, on the other hand, turned to you in a brand-new winter hero costume. Her normal dress was edged with light pink fur which matched her fuzzy ear muffs. She wore heavily knitted stockings laced with hearts. Her high-heel combat boots even had fur and fuzzy balls dangling from the laces. The whole ensemble was perfectly finished off with a bright red capelet also fringed with fur on the oversized hood.

"There she is. We were about to send a rescue team in there to check on you," Hearts said teasingly. She scanned you over with her vibrant pink eyes. "It's good to see you back in action, and in such a transformative costume too." She smiled brightly at you.

"Sorry, it took some time getting on all the new accessories. They really decked out the new costume," you said.

Bakugo's vermillion gaze stopped on you. "At least they dumbed down the sparkly shit."

"Kacchan, that wasn't very nice," Midoriya said.

"I wasn't talking to you, you damn nerd," Bakugo snapped.

Deku frowned, but he didn't give him a retort. He looked you over, grinning as he spotted the new gadgets. To no one's surprise, he began geeking out about all of them. His ramblings rolled into one another, earning an eyeroll from Bakugo, but you allowed him to circle you with interest and enthusiasm rolling off of his tongue. Lastly, he went for your hood, turning it this way and that. "What is the tactical advantage for the capelet? Does it allow you more space to use your mind quirk?" It wasn't until Deku pulled the hood a little too hard, making you squeak in surprise from the sudden jolt to your neck, that Bakugo swiped at him.