Think: An Explosive Ending

My Hero Academia Fan Fiction by Agent ARK 88

Warnings: This work contains mild language, blood, and violence.

(Ending 1 of 8)

An Explosive Ending

You couldn't move. You stared back at a Shigaraki possessed by All for One. In this form, he was beyond your worst nightmares. With a flick of his finger, he could disintegrate you. All your fears came rushing back. You quivered in fear.

"Out of the way," All for One said. He lifted Shigaraki's hand, and your chest tightened.

No. Please no. It was all you could do not to collapse to the ground, holding yourself. Please stop. Stop hurting people.

Shigaraki's outstretched hand wavered. Your hands moved to your head, clutching your mind with your fingertips. You'd used your quirk without your control again. The words in your mind were being streamlined out.

"This can easily be remedied if you just stand aside. You're wasting my time with such ridiculous pleas," All for One said. He lifted Shigaraki's hand again.

You shut your eyes, unable to move out of fear and your malfunctioning quirk. You trembled, resigning yourself to your fate.

An explosion rattled Gigantomachia. A ringing penetrated your ears, and heat washed through you. Wind rushed past you.

"I won't let you touch her!" Bakugo bellowed. It was a miracle he was still standing. He'd gone unconscious several times since he'd been stabbed in the chest, yet here he was still protecting you. His arm came around you, and he ushered you back, barely standing on his own. "Go, Big Brain. This isn't your fight. It's that Damn Nerds' and my responsibility."

Bakugo suddenly coughed out blood, and you gasped.

"What are you talking about?! Neither you nor Deku can even stand up straight. How do you expect to stop him like this?" you asked.

"I expect to keep you safe, like I promised," Katsuki said through clenched teeth. "Now, get out of here. You're the last person I ever want to get injured," he murmured.

"I haven't even..." you trailed off. You hadn't even gotten to fight Shigaraki. You were too scared to fight him. Just the sight of him dredged up the past. All for One's presence in his body only made it worse. With Bakugo in front of you now, you realized an even more horrifying reality ahead of you.

"Go," Bakugo snapped, staggering.

The nightmare. All those weeks, no months, ago you saw him disintegrate in your arms. You watched him turn to ash, felt Katsuki dissipate into the wind.

"Why won't you just die?" Shigaraki asked. That was his voice, not All for One's. Had he fought through? He raised his hand again. The air stilled. Spikes of red and black energy raced from his fingertips.

Bakugo shoved you behind him, raising his own palm. Your quirk fired, rushing around you and Katsuki as you realized his explosion wasn't even going to go off. Was he out of sweat? Did he intend on sacrificing himself for you? The strands of energy pierced through your mind shield but only by a crack, unable to completely break through. You gritted your teeth, fighting through the mind-splitting migraine twisting through your temple.

Bakugo doubled over, another burst of blood coming from his lips. "No, dammit. I need to protect her. Stupid body." He clutched at his chest. His eyes were shutting on their own.

Your eyes widened as you were struck from behind. You yelped out in pain. Shigaraki had missed everything important, but he had hit your shoulder. Your mind whipped out, taking the quirk energy between two different strands and snapping it. You tried not to look at the damage to your shoulder, but your glittering hero costume was already turning crimson.