Think: Chapter Twenty-One: BioVirus

My Hero Academia Fan Fiction by Agent ARK 88

Trigger Warnings: This work contains mild language, blood, and violence.

Chapter Twenty-One: BioVirus

Todoroki shot a wave of ice in front of the group just before the windows shattered, releasing the muffled screech of pain that ripped right through your eardrums. You staggered at the horrible sound, doing your best to muffle the noise by covering your ears. Your classmates weren't doing much better with the assault, keeping the sound from penetrating their own skulls by covering their heads.

Like an ebbing wave, the sound pulled away. You uncovered your ears, only to see blood on your hands. It was like an explosion had gone off beside you, and the ringing in your ears was difficult to shake off. Sounds in general were muffled or distorted. The building groaned above you, and concern tore through your thoughts. Had the blast actually made the dorm's structure unstable? You'd all be crushed if that were the case, and there were more students upstairs. Your eyes darted up to the ceiling, noticing a crack had begun to form.

"What the hell was that?!" Bakugo yelled, as soon as you'd all gained your full range of hearing again.

You cringed at the sound of his rough voice berating your sensitive ears. Alarms were blaring throughout campus, probably from the earth shattering blast you'd all just experienced. To your horror, the low rumbling hum surfaced again. You had just enough time to focus your quirk on the ceiling above you, before another scream threatened to burst your eardrums. You let out your own horrified shriek, as you put all of your energy into keeping the ceiling from collapsing. Your hands kept over your ears, but didn't give you much relief. You had to focus, if you didn't it meant that everyone would get hurt, it meant people would die.

The ceiling above began to crumble. The sonic wave didn't let up. Chunks of the building began falling around you, but you kept focus on the area that would protect your classmates as well as keeping the very structure intact. No one else could hold it up, not with their full focus on keeping their heads from splitting. You fell to a knee as the strain became almost too much for you. Your skull pulsed in anger between the crippling sound and the weight you were holding with your quirk. Just when you'd thought you might black out, the shout dissipated. The ringing continued in your bloody ears. Your trembling fingers were careful not to let go of your head. Your focus was still on the ceiling.

You opened one of your eyes to see that dust had kicked up from the destruction. Shoto, Shinso, Bakugo, and Midoriya were all unharmed. The only injury they'd received were their bleeding ears. You could feel the strain on your mind. An unsettling migraine formed in your temple. You kept one hand to your head, moving the other up to focus your attention on keeping the ceiling up. When the ringing in your ears had finally stopped, all of the boys looked back at you.

"W-we have to get the students out of the dorms," you stated in a anxious voice. You weren't certain at this point how much of the building you were actually holding up. You knew for certain that the floor above you would have collapsed already if you weren't keeping your quirk steady. "Everyone get out the front door. S-Shoto, can you make ice slides up to windows to help students escape?"

"We're not going to leave you here!" Bakugo snapped at you.

"I can't leave until everyone's out! I don't know how much longer I can hold this," you snapped. Your whole body was already trembling. You were praying that whatever had caused the vocal blast wasn't going to do it again.

Shoto looked at you with worry in his dual-colored eyes.

"There's no time!" you yelled. "Go!"

Midoriya took the lead, shoving the door open and motioning everyone outside. "Come on! Our classmates need us!"