Think: Chapter Forty-Seven: Fat Gum Agency First Steps

My Hero Academia Fan Fiction by Agent ARK 88

Chapter Forty-Seven: Fat Gum Agency First Steps

Aizawa got someone to come fix your door after you'd taken quite a long nap, thanks to Shoto and Shinso guarding your room. Mr. Aizawa seemed angrier with you that your nose had somehow begun spouting blood again once you'd woken up. At this point, you didn't think you'd have any more blood in your body to keep the flow going. Mr. Aizawa affirmed that the reporter had left for the day as well. The last thing that he told you was that Tamaki Amajiki was hoping to speak to you about your work-study.

Despite having three offers, one from Hawks' agency, one from Endeavor's agency, and one from Fat Gum's agency, Mr. Aizawa was well aware that you may choose Fat Gum based on your first reaction to hearing the offer. He may not have felt as if it was the best agency for you, but he believed that it was ultimately your choice. It had finally been announced that UA faculty agreed to let first years participate in the work-study program. This meant you were going to accept one of your offers, even though the option was completely voluntary.

You made your way to the third-year-dorm rooms, carefully opening the stairwell door to the floor. To your surprise, you spotted Kirishima at the end of the hall, talking cheerfully with Amajiki, who seemed rather uncomfortable having the attention on him.

"Kirishima! Tamaki!" you called, waving your hand over your head.

The two boys turned in your direction. Tamaki's eyes widened, and he nearly made a move to bolt until Kirishima glanced back in his direction with a wide grin on his face.

You walked over to them, tugging at your braid nervously. Kirishima put a hand on Tamaki's shoulder and shook him a little.

"You're on a first-name basis with Think? I didn't know you two were so close," Kirishima said in a lighthearted manner.

Tamaki's face blossomed into a bright red, and he faced the wall. "I-I believe that she only calls me that because that's h-how Mirio introduced me to her," Tamaki said.

"Oh, I'm sorry. If it's better, I can call you Amajiki. I didn't mean to be rude," you said.

Tamaki shook his head. "I don't mind it. I've actually gotten used to you calling me that."

"If you're sure that it's okay..." you trailed off, glancing back at Kirishima. You took in a small breath, looking directly at Tamaki. "I actually came here to thank you for recommending me for the work-study program at the Fat Gum Agency. It meant a lot to me."

"You received a recommendation too?" Kirishima asked.

"Ah, yes. Did you?"

Kirishima nodded vigorously. "That would be totally manly if we could all go to the same agency!"

Tamaki cringed, bracing himself closer to the wall. "I saw how hard you were working...and I knew that you liked Fat Gum a lot, so I thought it would be best. You and Fat Gum have a very similar positivity and work ethic. There's no need to thank me."

"He recommended me because of my quirk and personality." Kirishima pointed his thumb at his chest, before pounding his fists together proudly.

Tamaki trembled, gulping heavily. "Shhh, if you're too loud, someone will hear you." Tamaki tugged on his pointed ears. "All I did was recommend you. It's up to Fat Gum if he wants to sign you onto the work-study program."

"I know," you said. "I just thought it was very nice of you to recommend me. I truly think you deserve thanks for doing something so thoughtful. I mean, we've only met a handful of times." You nervously fidgeted with your hands. "Please accept my thanks." You bowed deeply to him, as you weren't sure what else that you could do to show your gratitude.