Think: An Unbreakable Ending

My Hero Academia Fan Fiction by Agent ARK 88

Warnings: This work contains mild language and violence.

(Ending 4 of 8)

An Unbreakable Ending

Your chest tightened in fear. You couldn't do this. You weren't strong enough to fight All for One. Shigaraki alone scared you, shook you to your very core.

"Well, what will it be, child?" All for One questioned you, tilting Shigaraki's head to the side.

Your eyes focused on his hands, the same hands that disintegrated miles of city and innocent lives. You gulped.

Move, you begged yourself, but your feet were stuck in place. You had to move before it was too late. The Nomus were already storming up the side of Gigantomachia. Soon, it would be too late to do anything.

Then you saw it, saw the small piece of fabric peeking out between Gigantomachia's rough textured skin. It was the bandana that you'd given Eijiro Kirishima at the carnival, the one that he wore constantly. He must have been involved in knocking the giant unconscious. Kirishima got you to where you were standing now.

Your body shifted on its own, aiming toward the small beacon of hope, the courage that you were missing in this battle. Kirishima would need that bandana back. You needed to give it back to him, and the only way you'd be able to do that would be to survive this encounter, no matter how afraid it made you to fight someone so powerful.

You charged forward, mind shield up as you rushed to the right of Shigaraki. All for One scoffed, blasting you off balance with yellow energy. You tumbled sideways, hand slipping out of your mental shield and grasping the bandana between your fingers just as you rolled. You grinned in triumph, but you barely had enough sense to reach your other hand out to grab the side of the beast you were just about to get launched off of. Your fingers dug into the side of Gigantomachia, dangling at the edge of the fallen creature.

You struggled to pull yourself up, but found strength in the gift that you held. Just as you came over the edge, you spotted All for One raising Shigaraki's hand. Your shield came up to protect your face. The air left you when you felt the dark red and black energy stake you in the back, then two more. Your vision blurred. You watched a Nomu lift up Shigaraki for an escape. Another Nomu broke free from the pack, reacting to something that All for One instructed it to do. Your body quivered in fear as you saw the creature's long gangly arms reach overhead, before they came down on you. Your mind shield was no match for the creature's strength, and you felt your ribs crack. Its fists came down again, and you felt consciousness slipping from you. You clutched tightly to the bandana, silently apologizing to Eijiro for failing, for not being strong enough to finish what he'd started.

...

"You have to let me see her, please!"

"She's in critical condition. She's being carted to surgery as we speak. Even if we let you see her, she would most likely be unconscious."

"Eijiro," you said weakly, eyes barely peeking open. You could barely see him at the end of the hallway, trying to get past a doctor. He was bruised and scraped up pretty badly. "Kiri," you called out a little louder, but your voice was barely a rasp.

Somehow, he saw you, saw you struggling to speak as you lifted your arm, showing him the bandana between your fingers. His eyes widened, and, to your surprise, he pushed past the doctor, barreling down the hallway toward you.

"Princess!" he called out. "I'm right here! It's going to be okay! Just, fight through this, alright? Don't let these injuries beat you. We've got to train together and become heroes together, okay? Stay strong, Princess. I'll be right here waiting for you."